Gp2x, Not The Only Handheld With Tv Out?

lucoxade

SCOURGE!
Website
www.scourge.co.uk
Seems like the idea of having TV out on a hand held was an idea that PSP owners are after, lik-sang have an article about a TV out adapter for the PSP

http://www.lik-sang.com/news.php?artc=3706&&lsaid=219793

It seems a bit crap realy, just a camera that suckers on to the front of the console and outputs to S-video. The site is probably being slashdotted at the moment so no piccies :(

Edit: Looking back this probably should have been in the other consoles thread, but it does mention the GP2x in the title

GBA and PSP games are designed for the small screen, Putting them onto your 42" TV will make them look horrid. However plugging your GP2X and watching your DVD quailty movie or SNES/MD/whatever full screen console will be much better.

Alpha2 posted on Oct 16 2005 at 10:28 PM said:
dont forget the GBA player on the 'Cube it's technically the same thing even though it's not being played on a GBA.

I like how you make me picture the cube as a badass adapter :D

Last edited by a moderator:
DynaMight posted on Oct 17 2005 at 12:48 AM said:
GBA and PSP games are designed for the small screen, Putting them onto your 42" TV will make them look horrid. However plugging your GP2X and watching your DVD quailty movie or SNES/MD/whatever full screen console will be much better.
I don't think they look horrible... SNES had only slightly larger resolution than GBA and certainly less than the PSP (on most games anyway).

Low res games have a much nicer look on a TV screen than they do on what all these youngsters are used to through an emulator on a high res PC monitor.

OMG i sound like one of these people who dismiss CDs because vinyl has a 'warmer sound'

lucoxade posted on Oct 16 2005 at 05:26 PM said:
OMG i sound like one of these people who dismiss CDs because vinyl has a 'warmer sound'

That's actually true, but mostly because analog sounds are more natural to the ear than digital. It has little to do with the actual sound quality of the medium.

the sega nomad handheld had tv-out and i guess thats the oldest handheld with tv-out.

I remember a XBOX360 dev demonstrating how you could send your PSP output and sound to your TV via the xbox360.

That was fairly cool, becuase it uses a standard protocal for media streaming.

I think we will see the technology added to windows XP in SP3 as well as Longhorn.

So if we made drivers for it, we should be able to wifi out to your TV which will be reading streamed media from your PC. (or xbox360)

A bit roundabout. But still cool.

Ravnos posted on Oct 17 2005 at 12:15 AM said:
lucoxade posted on Oct 16 2005 at 05:26 PM said:

That's actually true, but mostly because analog sounds are more natural to the ear than digital. It has little to do with the actual sound quality of the medium.

Not exactly. by the time the sound comes out of the CD player it has been converted to analog. The main reason was that many CDs weren't "digitized" very well and didn't sound as good. It was mainly due to the digitizing process.

Back