Gp2x With D-pad?

So which has a better chance of seeing the light of day? A new GP2X or the release of Duke Nukem Forever(kind of the equivalent of saying when pigs fly)?

icurafu said:
480P?

Comeon, I know you want to say 480P. :D
480P?

The native (1:1) resolution of DVDs is 720 x 480. You would need a 800x480 screen to display that at 1:1 with no downscaling. Probably too much to expect.

Last edited by a moderator:
Series-8 said:
Ahh VGA Out!
(Indeed the S-Video out jitters, and I swear most TV's cut off 10% of the edge of the screen)

I'd rather no D-Pad models are released, simply for the fact that it would really irritate all the Mk.I / Mk.II owners who now have "the sucky" version.

However a D-pad Retrofitting service would be acceptable, (or possibly a trade-in discount)
Just a d-pad would perk my interest in spare parts to mod mine and make it look/act like it's factory fresh, but d-pad + VGA-out would make me buy a Mk3 or whatever. The lack of VGA-out is why I haven't bought a cradle. USB doesn't matter to me, but being able to plug into one of the spare monitors at work during my downtime sure would be nice.

But this is all speculation at this point. Knowing GPH, we'll find out what's going on in a few months, and then two years down the road we'll get the modified version and it still won't meet our expectations.

P4290019.jpg

DaveC said:
icurafu said:
480P?

Comeon, I know you want to say 480P. :D
480P?

The native (1:1) resolution of DVDs is 720 x 480. You would need a 800x480 screen to display that at 1:1 with no downscaling. Probably too much to expect.

I'm happy with a QVGA screen actaully, but VGA would be nice. (wishful thinking considering the price difference)

I was refereing to the digital TV-out. The VRender3D chips can play mpeg4 without frameloss at that resolution.

So there may be a dpad one day. Oh well, seems too far off for me, so will look at other options instead.

Thanks for the replies anyway.

For the next revision I would want to keep thing simple so gp2x is about the same price. I want only two things:

A more powerful processor, at least 400Mhz and a D-pad

Everything else the same as is now, especially the screen size and quality which is ideal.

Nothing else.

Back