Gp2x Won't Mount!

quadomatic

DingooWiki Admin
Website
www.opendingoo.com
I updated my firmware on my GP2X to 2.1.1 and I can't use the SD USB connection anymore. This started after I updated to 2.1.0, but the problem didn't go away in 2.1.1 It worked just fine in 2.0.0

I've tried to connect in Windows and Ubuntu. Any advice on how to get it mounted?

Try a different cable. Some users have reported that some cables work better than others... and they are cheap/easy to find. Most digital cameras come with them.

Also try a different PC.

The USB connection is very poorly designed and incompatible with just about every machine I own that I've plugged it into, I have no idea if it's hardware or software but it's a POS and makes children cry. Windows or Linux, stock cable or otherwise. The only one that worked is an older USB 1.0 laptop, and even then it was flakey. I only use it for remote debugging over the USB->networking interface now.

Thus, I suggest trying either a older system or maybe an old USB 1.0 hub you have laying around inbetween the GP2X and the PC.

Your next investment, of course, is a SD card reader. I got mine from Hong Kong for $3.00, shipped (!) ..see the deals topic up above. It works great.

Back