Gp32 Screen Glitch?

TeDaDeS

Hardcore Member
Website
Visit site
Well, I have a FLU and when I ran gpQuake @200MHz (by mistake) my screen got a bit fuzy.
It looks like all un-even lines are drawn first, then the other half of the lines.
Know I always does that, but it doesn't look pretty.

I tried new batteries, but that didn't help.

Anyone know about this problem, any way to fix this?

The gp32 runs fine, only the screen thingy is not so funny. :angry:

it sounds like you might have fried the screen. Contrary to popular belief overclocking to far can destroy a gp32. I know that up to 133mhz it totally safe anything above that is not that safe but for the most part going a litte above that has been proven to be pretty stable since craigs overclock testing.

generalnmx posted on Aug 5 2004 at 03:01 AM said:
Anything above 133MHz or under 40MHz can cause graphical distortion. Is this happening in ALL games, or just Quake, OR just Quake at 200MHz?
even in the start menu :(

Last edited by a moderator:
mattmagoo posted on Aug 5 2004 at 08:21 AM said:
Vimacs posted on Aug 5 2004 at 07:31 AM said:
frying the screen with overclocking is VERY unlikely
but not impoosible?
The only thing that could happen is the chip gets too hot, and as the chip is right under the screen there could be a tiny chance that the heat damages the screen.

I'd have thought you'd need to have it on for quite a while for anything at all to happen though (if anything would at all).

Last edited by a moderator:
I tried again today, and everything looked okay.
But my batteries where empty in a minute, so I will try new ones now.
Last time I did that I got the problem again.

I hope it stops, can it be water that causes this problem ?
When I was on vacation some other stuff (phone, minidisc, mp3-player) where
not functioning the right way.
A tent might be to hot...

Yes. Believe me haet will fuck up the screen. It is only temporary. Take it to a cooler place till its cooler and the screen will stop fuzzing. Thats what mine did. But apparently gamepark say playing it in this fuzzy condition may damage it. Its mainly only when water condences under the screen when you cool it down quickly.

Back