Gp32, Will It Run .exe Files?

Sadako

Website
Visit site
Hey-a. Sorry if this has been brought up before, but I did not see an in-depth discussion about this. About the GP32, I have had my eye on something for the PC for a while now, it is Zelda: Ocarina of Time 2D for the PC, it is still in development, but looks like it is coming along quite good...I was just wondering, is there any way at all to convert a .exe into a .fxe and a .wad so I can play it on the GP32?

I know that it would be hard to control, but I have seen a GP32 Chat board thingy lingering about, and maybe that could be used for it too..please help?

Thank you!
~ S. Yamamura

No, it can't run .exe's and there's no way to convert .exe's into .fxe's (unless you want to port or remake the game).

He's right. The GP32 and the PC use completely different processors and hardware, and to the best of my knowledge a conversion program would be difficult and slow (maybe someone could get hacking on the Bochs PC emulator and get a rudimentary DOSBox clone up and running? wishful thinking, me ;)).

Sorry. If you're interested in a portable system that plays PC games, I know that OQO just released their portable Windows PC, and I believe VIA's new ApeXtreme portable will also run some PC games.

OOT2D is a GameMaker project anyway, but a couple people from the GP32 and Zodiac communities have inquired with Daniel (TheRealMethu-whateverhisscreennameis) about a rewrite, and he's called it a 'possibility' (paraphrase). Doubt anything will come of it, but I'd love to be proved wrong.

Back