Gp32x Powederkeg

Tobriand

Website
Visit site
Everyone already knows GP32x is a powderkeg at the moment. Threads are being subverted left right and centre for major arguments about conspiracy theories, which a lot of us are tired of, but some people persist in chatting on. So clearly something need to done, and closing every thread it turns up in isn't going to help - peoplecertain people still don't feel vindicated, so they subvert more threads, and everything goes to pot.

My proposals to stop this (or at least, reduce it) are twofold.

Firstly, Mods, don't close threads in which it springs up - merge them with one thread that is left open with a warning in the title not to look at it if you don't like conspiracy theories. That way the people who still care can vent themselves, and everyone else won't feel quite so strongly that the community is being torn apart by so many threads on the front page filled with controversy.

Seconly, non-mods, every thread you see such an argument coming up in, either post a link here or report it (though reporting tends to focus on one person, not on the entire thread - and here, you could see if someone's reported it already) so as to help the mods with the task of finding them all (bearing in mind how randomly the topic has been known to come up).

Hope that helps the situation a little bit.

EDIT: Just saw my typo in the title... sorry about that lol

it really is just like 5/6 people that seem to continue this fucking pointless argument, and every thread they post on whether it is related to that argument or not just gets taken over. its starting to piss me off

Re: Banning him
True, but the thing is, I don't think he's actually breaking any rules. And I'd be very surprised if he didn't turn up elsewhere and bitch about lack of free speech on these boards if that were the solution. Which, to be honest, so would I were I in his stance "politically" and got banned for it effectively. Perhaps a faster solution, and certainly easier, but I don't think as clean for the rest of the community. It always leaves room, also, for him to bitch about the same thing elsewhere, in IRC, wherever, and then get some of his converts to come over here and start the whole thing up again. And then they get banned, and sooner or later enough people will have been banned having been converted that, whilst this community will remain friendly, other sites' communities will likely have an agreement that its not that good because of the quantity of banning when talking about a conspiracy theory.

However, I would like assention from Drumaster that he won't subvert threads that aren't intended for that discussion - he'll just post a link to the main one - including its title - and not say more off the subject.

Right... now...

"Advice, needed"
http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?act=ST&f=1&t=12441

Last edited by a moderator:
Who the hell cares if he isn't breaking any rules? This is a forum, theres no trial, theres no judge or jury, the mods can do whatever they want.

I think free speech is essential, and there were some interesting points. Conspiracy theories are welcome anyday, but must be presented in an inteligent, methodic and based way.

The problem with in that particular theory, was that they put a lot of hate on the table, and enraged all the board creating a storm.

Im against banning anyone who just wants to tell is view of truth. But one must be polite, because one may be wrong.

:)

And if you have any theory or know something about anything please tell us, we want to know, but please be sure and talk before in private with the ones you are going to envolve. And ask "Im going to tell that and that, what you think?"

Yeah, ban him because he's talking on a free speech forum. It's not Dru who hijacks the threads, it's other morons who decide to argue with him as soon as he posts anywhere. They are the ones more likely to be banned.

I dont think Drumaster should be banned.

He's allowed to say what he thinks. He's done a lot for this scene aswell. Its not as if we are dealing with some "Blipped4" characters here.

Banning him will be as bad as when #gp32dev stopped French people joining unless they personally asked the mod if they could- totally wrong and devisive to the scene.

Just dont close the thread. Whats wrong with an argument anyway, as long as its in the right place. Constantly closing threads just causes the same argument to pop up in every thread which is whats annoying people.

Back