Gpfce Installation

pattypoo

Still Fresh
What file is the tarball from the unzipped gpfce folder and how do I untar it? Did unzipping it on a windows box using winzip do it for me? Is TAR format linux exclusive?

Patrick Gilfether

craigix posted on Dec 23 2006 at 12:50 PM said:
You need 7zip.

Do I just unzip the entire compressed file to my sd using 7zip or is there a certain file from the normally unzipped contents that i use with 7 zip?

Last edited by a moderator:
GunPei2X posted on Dec 23 2006 at 01:30 PM said:
WinZip (not the built-in one in XP) handles .tar. So does WinRar.

GOOD! I thought it did because everything seemed to unzip cleanely to a folder on my desktop. WOO!

History Lesson
tar is actually a classic and still often user unix file utility. tar means "tape archive" and it was originally used to stream a series of files into one so that it could be written to a tape device.
It does not compress file, which is why it's often used in conjunction with gzip or some other compressing utility.

If you have cygwin, the included 'tar' utility will be able to extract this:

tar xvf <file.tar>

so all in all, is there any definitive way to see if i've unpacked it correctly with out a gp2x

Blah posted on Dec 23 2006 at 06:35 PM said:
Not really, but if you tell me the files and folders you have, I can tell you if you got it right.

okay I got: Fondo,Gpfce,Gpfce.gpe,Gpfce_config,gpfce_showfps.gpe,gpfce_showfps_config,gpfce_showfps_swapbuttons.gpe,gpfce_showfps_swapbuttons_config,gpfce_swapbuttons.gpe,Gpfce_swapbuttons_config,readme,readme_cheat,and selector.

Thanks much,
Patrick Gilfether

Yep, that's it. Now put that in (root of sd card)/emulators/gpfce and put your roms in (root of sd card)/roms/nes

Back