Gpsp 16Gb Sdhc

Audi

Still Fresh
hi, i have been running gpsp for a few weeks no dramas.
yesterday i got the entire rom collection and put it on my 16gb card.
The card is now full. but all the games that ran great are un playable.
All of the games are unplayable now.
what has happend? Is this bacause the sd card is full?
i swapped the gpsp and a few roms on to a 4gb card and they runn fine again.
whats going on?

I have a 16GB SDHC card myself, and GPSP works well on my machine. Granted, I have the emulator running from the NAND, and the ROMs on the SD card.

Try sorting out the ROMs out into separate folders, either by letter or genre of game. That way, the emulator doesn't have to load up the entire list of games every time you go to that screen.

MkidTrigun said:
I have a 16GB SDHC card myself, and GPSP works well on my machine. Granted, I have the emulator running from the NAND, and the ROMs on the SD card.

Try sorting out the ROMs out into separate folders, either by letter or genre of game. That way, the emulator doesn't have to load up the entire list of games every time you go to that screen.

The 2800 or so roms are in differnet folder of 100
this appears not to be the problem
I have also tried them zipped and unzipped

Last edited by a moderator:
Audi said:
The 2800 or so roms are in differnet folder of 100
this appears not to be the problem
I have also tried them zipped and unzipped

It could very well be the SD card itself... What's the speed of the 16GB card compared to your 4GB card? (Not entirely sure if speed has anything to do with it, but just in case...)

tbh why would that matter?
as i had the 16gb card running fine just seems when i loaded it with roms it slows?
the card is a san disk, i belive they invented this type of car?

Audi said:
tbh why would that matter?
as i had the 16gb card running fine just seems when i loaded it with roms it slows?
the card is a san disk, i belive they invented this type of car?

what class is the card?

Is the card completly full?

You say it runs fine when not full?

Sounds like the emulator needs some space to decompile the roms or something along these lines. What if you clear off say 300mb and then try playing?

Audi said:
hi, i have been running gpsp for a few weeks no dramas.
yesterday i got the entire rom collection and put it on my 16gb card.
The card is now full. but all the games that ran great are un playable.
All of the games are unplayable now.
what has happend? Is this bacause the sd card is full?
i swapped the gpsp and a few roms on to a 4gb card and they runn fine again.
whats going on?

Clear up some space and see if it works? Also, have you considered that maybe the card is just getting old and corrupt? How long have you had it?

had the card about a week.
i cleared all the roms off and it was still doing it.
so i removed the gpsp and copied over the files from my 4gb card and it is running fine.
I'll try putting the roms back later today.
thanksfor the help, i'll let you know how i go.

I think Wiz's firmware has some SD corruption bugs on various writes :\

Could be a counterfeit SD card too, I had similar symptoms with a 2GB card I bought on eBay a year or so ago - it was fine until I exceeded the 1GB mark, then it started crapping out. Turned out it was a generic 1GB card (supposed to be SanDisk) with a fake label and altered to show 2GB of space :(

the class type of the card could make a difference as well.

SD Cards and SDHC Cards have Speed Class Ratings defined by the SD Association. The SD Speed Class Ratings specify the following minimum write speeds based on "the best fragmented state where no memory unit is occupied":[7]

* Class 2: 2 MB/s - 13x
* Class 4: 4 MB/s - 26x
* Class 6: 6 MB/s - 40x

the card was brought in sinapore airport duty free so i'd like to hope it wasn't fake.

when i removed all the roms except a few it was still doing it so i think the emulator might of gone currupt??
i'm loading the games back on in about an hour so soon find out

Back