Handy site

Fzero

Advanced Member
Geeks, I'm sure a fair few of you are aware of this site, bit of not, it can prove useful/time saving when you come to rebuilding PCs

can be used to create an .exe to then roll out on other machines

it let's you pick common programs to update then does it all autonomously, programs like browsers, filezila, text editors, all sorts

http://ninite.com/

That was all really, thought might be useful for someone who didn't know about it.

Maybe can continue this thread with other links for handy site/tools

filetohd.com

archive.org

there's a couple more, add on, if handy to someone else they can add to their own web favs if they wish

Does it? Oh well I didn't know, it's not my site, just seen it today only and will be useful for me.

If it's a rule breaking site to link, Sony our friendly mod can scrub this thread away and all sorted

I had no intention to break board rules with linking to dodgy or maybe legal unsound sites

XD probably doesn't as they're all free things, but there#'s probably someone at adobe hq that doesn't like it for including flash

seems kinda useful though i guess

Nice

Btw, I just was on iPhone browser and google page has just gone all optimised for phone even better, big icons up top... Check it out

iPhone.tvcatchup.com

or without the iPhone prefix for the desktop version

live telly on the go, all the usual freeview channels

UK heads can use this all legal so long as you paying for a colour tv license anyway. Rest of you I'm not so sure, I won't tell the beeb if you don't

What does "rebuilding PCs" have to do with creating some .exe ?

Besides .. for what you are suggesting I'd use:

<dreamer> aptitude clone

<dpkg> To clone a Debian machine using aptitude (or install your favourite packages) use aptitude search -F '%100p' '~i!~M' > package_list; on the reference machine; xargs aptitude --schedule-only install < package_list; aptitude install; on the other machine. This preserves information about "automatically installed" packages that other methods do not. See also <reinstall>, <things to backup>, <debian clone>, <apt-clone>

Last edited by a moderator:
For example, myself, I get a fair amount of PC that I have to rebuild.

Just getting Windows OS back on and a few basic things like browsers and Flash player etc...

This website let's you pick from all the listed programs, you can then create an .exe which contains all those program updates in it.

Then you can run around all the PC's and run the exe on each one ...just saves a little time

Probably other benefits too, for other peoples works

Dreamer... I replied my above when you post only had the one line:

"what does rebuilding pcs have to do with creating exe"

then I see you added more while I was typing my reply..

Anyways, it sounds like you a bit advanced for me mate, and that's all Linux commands what you use, I think this site may be aimed more at Windows OS users

prob no good for you, as you say you can do same thing with a quick command line

Back