Hard Disk

Pickle said:
Just so everyone is clear the pandora will not work with any non-2.0 USB devices directly. You can however use a USB2 hub connected to the pandora and run non-USB2 devices.
There was some consideration of making a custom hub for the pandora, but I have not heard much about it recently.

Aren't all USB Mice/Keyboards USB1/.1? Can't say I've seen them advertised as USB2 anywhere... (just makes me wonder if all the devs actually had USB2 equip lying around).

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a USB2 keyboard by virtue of the fact that said keyboard is also a USB hub.

Gruso said:
... It'll slaughter the battery though.

Please define "slaughter".
Let's say you watch a standard avi movie (700M) off the portable drive, are we talking about an upward battery drainage of twice of what it would take to running it off the SD card?

WizardStan said:
I have a USB2 keyboard by virtue of the fact that said keyboard is also a USB hub.

Maybe the usb slots on your said keyboard are only 1.1 :p

I have the Transcend StoreJet, I wonder if it will power correctly. It comes with a cable that uses 2 USB ports, but I've used it by plugging in just a single port with my labtop.

OpenTheBox said:
Gruso said:
... It'll slaughter the battery though.

Please define "slaughter".
Let's say you watch a standard avi movie (700M) off the portable drive, are we talking about an upward battery drainage of twice of what it would take to running it off the SD card?
A USB-powered hard drive would probably draw 400-500mA. Probably closer to the 500 than the 400. Which would cut the battery life in half.

Back