Hardware Mods

Fretzy

Still Fresh
Website
www.votomsonline.com
It would be great if there were an area of the forum dedicated to hardware mods on the GP32. I plan on tackling one or two things myself (power LED replacement, RGB output, etc), and I'd love to post the progress.

I don't mean any offence in saying this or anything but I think currently that would be a bad idea since no one has reported to have done any hardware modifications on their GP32s. There have just been some people saying they will do such and such. ;)

But if someone has modified their GP32 and it's showing great results please prove me wrong :)

Hummmmm, in GP32SPAIN we fpound these:
---------------------------------
RAM upgrade: Latest news.

There are good news and bad news about the RAM upgrade.

The good news is that I have successfully been able to upgrade the GP32´s RAM to 32MB. Perfect installation and chip working ok. A wire has been set from the chip’s 12 Address to the CPU of the console, so that it can redirect correctly the whole memory.

The bad news is that the program made by A600 and the LittleJohn Emulator, which shows the free RAM, shows that there is only 8MB free.

I have checked the installation and the CPU´s and RAM´s datasheets, so I'm sure that the installation is perfectly made.

Apparently, WAVE is right in THIS POST, so probably specific programs will be necessary if we want to use the new ram.

Those who are programmers could help a lot with their opinions.

I´ll keep reporting.
Sorry for my english, I need more practice
-----------------------------

Ram upgrade is a good mod, i think.

Byes

if someone got a working rgb output...pleazzzzee email me....having multi console in the pocket to bring in quick gaming party makes me happier than anyone

Well some people have posted on here about such things as case mods (changing colour), someone changed their joystick to make it more sensitive, another person changed the LED from red to blue I believe. Thats plenty of hardware mods :)

about the rgb output i'm guessing you mean for it working on a tv through composite connections. Well i emailed the person that has suposedly done it and he said the following - from tim
Yes, i had it working but no longer use it because the quality is hopeless on a large screen.

Ask the person if he used the right voltage - tell him to stick either a capicitor or a resistor between the connectors. The voltage might be too high or too low, or too varies.

Im leaving to russia tommorow, so i will not be able to answer more questions.

when i get some connectors i'll try this straight away

Shrike posted on Jul 10 2003 said:
Well some people have posted on here about such things as case mods (changing colour), someone changed their joystick to make it more sensitive, another person changed the LED from red to blue I believe. Thats plenty of hardware mods :)
Yeah but they're pretty girly mods.....we're talkin hardcore stuff, like satallite navigation and stuff.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, I'm an electronic engineer by profession, so even if someone *has* already done some of this stuff, I still won't be able to keep my hands out of it :) All I'm suggesting is that there be an area where people can post this stuff and a short How-To or something... otherwise it'll all just get lost in the other areas.

Back