Hello! Usb Issues

elenaJ

Still Fresh
Hello everyone,

Recently bought a gp2x f-100 console and have been trying to connect to it over USB from Windows. So far I haven't had any luck. I've read a number of guides but none seem to help with what I think is my problem.

On the Settings->System menu the USB Network is set to off and trying to set it to on or always on just causes it to flip back to off as soon as I leave the menu. I've tried firmware version 2.1.1, 2.1.2 and 3.0.0 and I still have the same problem. Is there some additional utility I need to install to get USB network to turn on? Or is there some hardware issue?

Any help appreciated,

EJ

Sometimes the USB cable delivered with the device is faulty. You may try another cable if you have any...

Regards,
Stephan

Already tried everything that most guides out there recommend. Tested a friends F-100 and F-200 with the same PC, cable, etc and tried connecting mine up with their PC, cable and so on.

The faulty link is definitely the gp2x itself and not the PC or cable.

The fact that I simply can't set the USB Network option to "on" should be enough evidence of that. Leads me to think the gp2x might just be broken at hardware level :( .

I got the same issue. It does not get recognized on windows or linux.

I've upgraded to 4.0, and now my linux box recognizes my gp2x on usb mode.

But... were are the USB networking and telnet options under 4.0 ?

[FIXED] - I've installed 2.0., and followed the wiki.

Back