Help a guy out?

Eridger

I'm trying to convert a massive load of videos for my Pandora, because as you may know h264 playback on a Pandora is extremely poor, and probably will be until the DSP is utilized, and even with the DSP enabled, it sounds like it would require to many resources that it's sort of a useless chip.

But that's beside the point. Anyways, I have a massive load of h264 videos that I want to run on my Pandora. So I need to convert them, preferably to Xvid, but whatever works would be great. The thing is, these videos have subtitles... and dual-audio tracks... and 5.1 surround... and there are A LOT of them.

I've tried looking, and I can't find a batch converter than can do all of that. I'm using Handbrake right now, but it doesn't batch-convert, and it no longer supports Xvid, but ffmpeg.

Oh, and I'm using Linux. Does anyone have any ideas what program I can use that preserves subtitles, downmixes audio to stereo, and can convert a large amount of files easily? I'm even willing to boot into my dusty old Windows install if I have to!

(By the way, I posted this in off-topic because while it's Pandora-related, I'm not asking for help with the Pandora itself. If a mod or someone feels differently and it should be under Support, they're free to move it.)

Back