Help Me Fixing My Flu Light

Young

Still Fresh
gp.JPG

hi~~
i was trying to overclock my FLU with the pencil trick

it worked good but i accidently took off the line between gp32's pannel and the case. It was the line for light

as you can see in the picture...
yellow circle is the line im talking about

and the green circle a part where a line for power is placed...
Red circle is the part where the yellow circle should be placed..
but the gum(i don't know how to call it but the black thing)is too strong for me to take off....

so i wonder if i can revive my light by placing the yellow circle to the green circle...
(then the light will always be on... but i don't care becuase i always turn the light on)

Thank you

Young posted on May 13 2005 at 08:27 PM said:
gp.JPG

hi~~

it worked good but i accidently took off the line between gp32's pannel and the case. It was the line for light

but the gum(i don't know how to call it but the black thing)is too strong for me to take off....

so i wonder if i can revive my light by placing the yellow circle to the green circle...
(then the light will always be on... but i don't care becuase i always turn the light on)

Thank you

Actually, if you want your light to always be on... you take the two wires and splice them together. This will eliminate the switch, and your light will be on every time. Cut the wire off the switch, strip both ends of each wire, twist them together, then use some electrical tape or shrink tube to finish it off.

Cheers! :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Iorgy77 posted on May 14 2005 at 10:50 AM said:
has that photo been blurred to protect the identity of that gp32?

no... its just my horrible digital camera

reaper79 posted on May 14 2005 at 11:05 AM said:
Young posted on May 13 2005 at 08:27 PM said:
gp.JPG

hi~~

Thank you

Actually, if you want your light to always be on... you take the two wires and splice them together. This will eliminate the switch, and your light will be on every time. Cut the wire off the switch, strip both ends of each wire, twist them together, then use some electrical tape or shrink tube to finish it off.

Cheers! :p

Thank you so much!!!!

Blah posted on May 14 2005 at 01:20 PM said:
Is that a resistor on the switch? (too blurry of pic)
They are usually there for a reason.

no i didn't do anything to my switch

What I mean is, Is the little orange blur on the switch one of these?
resistor7th.png
(if you splice the wires and don't include the resistor in it, that may cause problems if the resistor is important to the circuit)

Blah posted on May 14 2005 at 06:31 AM said:
What I mean is, Is the little orange blur on the switch one of these?
resistor7th.png
(if you splice the wires and don't include the resistor in it, that may cause problems if the resistor is important to the circuit)

Dont worry this is not his worst problem ... this only can kill the frontlit. :D His worst problem is that the pencil trick could kill his gp32!! :eek:

BE CAREFULL WITH DOING THE PENCIL TRICK!!! :unsure: That could kill your entire gp32 !!! :(

Aiken

Blah posted on May 13 2005 at 11:20 PM said:
Is that a resistor on the switch? (too blurry of pic)
They are usually there for a reason.

Yes, by all means make sure you keep the resistor inline, it limits the current that is sent to the Front Light so that it gets the correct wattage (current x volts). My point is that it perfectly fine to eliminate the switch.

Why mess around, why not solder the wire back onto the correct terminal on the switch that you have already identified? And if you haven't got a soldering iron buy one, they are less than a fiver now-a-days.

And the resistor is important, most LED's require one to restrict the current (some have them built in but rare). If you send too much power to the front light it will blow and it will be a pain in the arse to fix that.

carlgeorge posted on May 14 2005 at 10:59 AM said:
Why mess around, why not solder the wire back onto the correct terminal on the switch that you have already identified? And if you haven't got a soldering iron buy one, they are less than a fiver now-a-days.

Some people seem to have a serious phobia when it comes to soldering, especially on small electronics.

And the resistor is important, most LED's require one to restrict the current (some have them built in but rare). If you send too much power to the front light it will blow and it will be a pain in the arse to fix that.

A realy pain in the arse, if not impossible. Especially if you don't like soldering as it would probably require some edgelit LED's and some major mods... hmm... sounds like an idea....

Back