Help Needed To Install Games

riosingh

Website
Visit site
i have read the faq and read me files which come with games and emulaters but its just double duch to me.

i have a gp2x, 1gb sdram card, card reader, and a pc.
formated the sd card to fat32.
copied the quake game from the disk to the card,
now in the menu i can see the icon for it (when i put the sd ram card in the gp2x), i press the b buton to start and the screen freezes up.

i downloaded the amiga emulater. but now just dont know what to do with it.

please help.

Okay before anyone else can say it

Use the Search Function! :)

Now then, there are so many post about this, that its hard to mill through them to find what you' re looking for

so heres the skinny

Quake requires the data file from either the retail or the shareware version of the game before it will play.

the Amiga emulator (as with all emulators) requires software to run just like the real Amiga do a google search to find programs for it.

for more info goto the Wiki

hope that helps :)

Edit: had to fix spelling, not sure if all is corrected, just read the post about finding roms...:)

first thing I noticed when I stated poping things onto my gp2x, was that not everything works. A lot of software isn't designed for the 2.0 firmware so will give you problems. Dont worry about it though, most things are being updated all the time. I'll just check my Quake install though, cause that works for me.
ok, so you should have a folder for it on your SD card (mine is called 'quake')
inside that is the quake.gpe file (which is what you click on to run it) also in here is another folder called 'id1'. Inside id1 you should have 'config.cfg' and also this is where you place the files 'PAK1.PAK' and 'PAK0.PAK' which come from the original game.
With those in place you just need to click on the quake.gpe file and it should run.

first thing I noticed when I stated poping things onto my gp2x, was that not everything works. A lot of software isn't designed for the 2.0 firmware so will give you problems. Dont worry about it though, most things are being updated all the time. I'll just check my Quake install though, cause that works for me.
ok, so you should have a folder for it on your SD card (mine is called 'quake')
inside that is the quake.gpe file (which is what you click on to run it) also in here is another folder called 'id1'. Inside id1 you should have 'config.cfg' and also this is where you place the files 'PAK1.PAK' and 'PAK0.PAK' which come from the original game.
With those in place you just need to click on the quake.gpe file and it should run.

so basiclly i need to go out and buy the origanal quake game.

Last edited by a moderator:
or you can get the files from the shareware version which you should be able to dl somewhere... but it may be a limited version of the game.

so basiclly i need to go out and buy the origanal quake game.
Not exactly, but you seem to get the idea.
What was ported to the gp2x was basically the quake engine, but you still need the quake data to be able to play quake.
If you're really having trouble "acquiring" this data, feel free to send me a PM and I will send you in the "right direction" . . .

Last edited by a moderator:
Back