Help: Vay For Sega Cd

wblackst

Still Fresh
I can't get Vay to run properly on Picodrive. The introductory video is very choppy, and once I get into gameplay, it freezes up in the middle of dialogue within a couple minutes. I've taken the clock down to 200 and it still freezes.

The ISO I'm using works fine on Gens for Windows.

Lunar II and Popful Mail both run fine.

Anyone know what might be going on? Thanks for the help.

DemonicusDGFH said:
I can't get Vay to run properly on Picodrive. The introductory video is very choppy, and once I get into gameplay, it freezes up in the middle of dialogue within a couple minutes. I've taken the clock down to 200 and it still freezes.

The ISO I'm using works fine on Gens for Windows.

Lunar II and Popful Mail both run fine.

Anyone know what might be going on? Thanks for the help.
You need to turn on Better Sync in the sega cd options. I would also overclock a bit to 250 and make sure ram timings and mmu hack are "on". Also run the game in 8-bit accurate. Now for the cut scenes and intro to not be choppy you need to put turn the buffer up in the options menu. The SD card access is crippled in the gp2x so it causes the game to stutter. It reads the sd card a lot for Vay. So turn the buffer up to 8000k or something. I turn it all the way up for cutscenes then turn it back down to around 512k when it goes back to the game. Ive had this game freeze on me a lot as well. I don't use the 2nd cpu for sound with Vay. Turn that off and overclock to 250. Leave ram timings on. It will still freeze even if it's off. I think that game is just unstable with the use of the other ARM 940 for sound.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back