Help With Drmd

Jaz

Still Fresh
Hey yall,

I have just downloaded the new DRMD BLU+ Fix and Everthing seems to be working fine. The only thing is, I get maybe 2 mins if gameplay till it slowly "fades to white". Then the gp will just reset itsself. I read somewhere this could be the batteries but i just put in some fresh ones and the same thing happend <_< , im running it at 133. Can somebody please help? Oh by the way theres still a line on the drmd intro screen, no biggie but thought you might like to know.

are you certain that the batteries are fresh?

the slow fade to nothing and resest seems to suggest more of hardware issue than a software one, if your gp was reseting it would be pretty instant.

There should not be a line on the screen, it certainly sounds like a battery power issue, what happens at 166mhz?

-Craig

www.gbax.com

Hokutoy posted on Dec 29 2004 at 06:23 PM said:
Don't use cheap batterys!

Seconded. Especially if the are rechargable. I had some Ni Cads that only lasted minutes in the GP.

Last edited by a moderator:
craigix posted on Dec 29 2004 at 08:12 PM said:
There should not be a line on the screen, it certainly sounds like a battery power issue, what happens at 166mhz?

-Craig

www.gbax.com

Hmjuu, the "Sponsored by GBAX" has that gray bar with my BLU also, I quess the fix kicks in after that. :) Hardly worth mentioning.

Otherwise it works fine. :lol:

Jarska333 posted on Dec 29 2004 at 12:08 PM said:
Hmjuu at the "Sponsored by GBAX" has that gray bar with my BLU also, I quess the fix kicks in after that. :) Hardly worth mentioning.
I can confirm this. DrMD inits the LCD the old (white bar) way, displays the corrupted ad banner, then reads the config and correctly initializes the LCD. It should be pretty easy to fix, just a matter of doing things in the correct order.

It dosent work atall at 166 - i tried everything and 144 (although at little sluggish) seems to be the best i can get it to run at. After that it doesent load ROMS atall :( .

So 133 seems the most stable but it still randomly resets and fades to white.

What is everyone else running it at? that reminds me, my dad bought me it for crimbo from gbax.com where they said they had "safely" clocked it up to 166? or sumthin along those lines.

yupster posted on Dec 30 2004 at 01:15 AM said:
I had the same problem it is the batteries as soon as i put in fresh ones it was working fine.

Im running mine at 166mhz

I had that problem too and it was the batteries running out if i recall correctly

Jaz posted on Dec 29 2004 at 03:41 PM said:
Hey yall,

I have just downloaded the new DRMD BLU+ Fix and Everthing seems to be working fine. The only thing is, I get maybe 2 mins if gameplay till it slowly "fades to white". Then the gp will just reset itsself. I read somewhere this could be the batteries but i just put in some fresh ones and the same thing happend  <_< , im running it at 133. Can somebody please help? Oh by the way theres still a line on the drmd intro screen, no biggie but thought you might like to know.

As everyone is saying it is almost certainly dodgy batteries. Even fresh batteries can be weak. Go buy some new duracells and test it with those. When the batteries go out the screen starts to waver, then it fades to white, then resets. It does this quicker when running at a higher clock speed because that uses more juice.

majick posted on Dec 29 2004 at 08:35 PM said:
Jarska333 posted on Dec 29 2004 at 12:08 PM said:
Hmjuu at the "Sponsored by GBAX" has that gray bar with my BLU also, I quess the fix kicks in after that.  :)  Hardly worth mentioning.
I can confirm this. DrMD inits the LCD the old (white bar) way, displays the corrupted ad banner, then reads the config and correctly initializes the LCD. It should be pretty easy to fix, just a matter of doing things in the correct order.

Ahh thanks for the heads up. Your quite correct, I'm initialising the LCD using the LCD version stored in the menu options....before I've actually loaded the menu options. I've fixed this now so it should be alright in the next version.

Thanks

Reesy

Back