Help With Joystick.

Auritribe

I was wondering if anyone knew how to keep the joystick from twisting out of place. You know, where if it twists say 90 degrees it loses most of its responsiveness and feels kinda grindy?

My joystick has loosened to the point where 5 minutes of gameplay with certain games, not even just fighting ones, will cause it to twist out of place and I have to twist it back in.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

This problem has been mentioned in other posts, and one of the solutions mentioned is to put a tiny piece of paper inside the joystick cap to keep it tight on the joystick. I haven't had any problems so im not sure if this is an ideal solution. For more tips, search the forum.

That's not the problem. This isn't the cap, the stick itself underneath the cap tends to twist out of place so it feels more stiff.

there's not much you can do except replace the stick .. the problem is the shaft is twisting, and there's not really much of a fix for that ..

sorry I misunderstood the problem :p I thought you meant the cap was loose and turning during play. Hope you manage to get it fixed.

torpor posted on Feb 22 2007 at 02:24 PM said:
there's not much you can do except replace the stick .. the problem is the shaft is twisting, and there's not really much of a fix for that ..

I had assumed this was an issue with near all of them, that it wasn't an issue of a faulty build per se.

Are there GP2X builds that dont have this issue? Like, if I were to buy another stick would it be less likely to twist out of place over time. I figured it was just fatigue.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back