Help With Temper Cd-Rom Game

christo930

I have rainbow islands for the tg-16 cd, but it's in a format I don't know how to deal with. Here are the files I have
01.mp3
02.iso
03.mp3
31.mp3
32.iso
Rainbow Islands (CD)(JPN).toc

I have since converted the audio files to .wav, but I don't know where to go from here. I've never seen a cd with 2 data tracks as track 2 and track 32
Here is the content of the .toc file
Track 01 Audio 00:02:00 LBA=000000
Track 02 Data 00:55:51 LBA=004026
Track 03 Audio 02:27:12 LBA=010887
Track 04 Audio 02:33:45 LBA=011370
Track 05 Audio 05:27:28 LBA=024403
Track 06 Audio 08:08:61 LBA=036511
Track 07 Audio 08:15:25 LBA=037000
Track 08 Audio 11:14:28 LBA=050428
Track 09 Audio 11:22:71 LBA=051071
Track 10 Audio 11:27:34 LBA=051409
Track 11 Audio 14:27:34 LBA=064909
Track 12 Audio 17:06:23 LBA=076823
Track 13 Audio 19:24:55 LBA=087205
Track 14 Audio 23:39:37 LBA=106312
Track 15 Audio 23:44:60 LBA=106710
Track 16 Audio 23:58:02 LBA=107702
Track 17 Audio 24:07:17 LBA=108392
Track 18 Audio 27:23:24 LBA=123099
Track 19 Audio 30:56:63 LBA=139113
Track 20 Audio 33:48:19 LBA=151969
Track 21 Audio 33:52:20 LBA=152270
Track 22 Audio 38:17:27 LBA=172152
Track 23 Audio 41:31:46 LBA=186721
Track 24 Audio 41:38:72 LBA=187272
Track 25 Audio 44:08:29 LBA=198479
Track 26 Audio 44:13:50 LBA=198875
Track 27 Audio 44:17:51 LBA=199176
Track 28 Audio 44:24:14 LBA=199664
Track 29 Audio 44:47:16 LBA=201391
Track 30 Audio 45:40:31 LBA=205381
Track 31 Audio 47:17:32 LBA=212657
Track 32 Data 51:50:62 LBA=233162

This doesn't look like a normal cue file, so I am at a loss. I renamed all the wav files I created to trackxx.wav
Can I just drop these tracks in a burning software and save it as bin/cue or iso? If so, what software can I use. I used to use nero but my hard disk crashed and I don't have it anymore (I had the full version with mpg2, mpg1...) and I have this POS roxio light version that came with the computer. Can anyone help? I would love to play this game.

Chris

PS. Sorry about the other post... I didn't mean to put it in the news section. It was an accident. Please delete the other one.

Do you have a normal cue sheet? You can see how they're structured from there, although as far as I can remember the readme says it. Actually, I'm really not totally sure how to convert because I don't know what the time vs LBA correspondences are.. but if you know what the TOC file means you can convert it to cue by hand and you can convert the WAVs to OGG (or keep them as WAV if you don't mind the space, but only if they're in a format Temper doesn't hate)

I mean sure, if there's burning software that will convert it for you, try that. Maybe use Daemon Tools to mount it then something else to rip it?

Exophase said:
Do you have a normal cue sheet? You can see how they're structured from there, although as far as I can remember the readme says it. Actually, I'm really not totally sure how to convert because I don't know what the time vs LBA correspondences are.. but if you know what the TOC file means you can convert it to cue by hand and you can convert the WAVs to OGG (or keep them as WAV if you don't mind the space, but only if they're in a format Temper doesn't hate)

I mean sure, if there's burning software that will convert it for you, try that. Maybe use Daemon Tools to mount it then something else to rip it?

I tried daemon tools and it doesn't recognize the toc file. I renamed it to cue and it that didn't work either. I am at a loss for what to do. Any other ideas? Is there a burning software that I can simply drop the tracks on the cd in the right order to create an iso or something?

Last edited by a moderator:
The TOC is necessary to know how to interpret the CD-ROM. A quick Google search comes up with this: http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=21187

Give it a try, although you may have to rename the filenames in the cuesheet afterwards. Then post the cue here and I'll tell you if it at least makes sense. And post the format of the WAV files (sample rate and bitdepth).. better yet, just tell me if it's 44.1KHz/16bit or not.

Exophase said:
The TOC is necessary to know how to interpret the CD-ROM. A quick Google search comes up with this: http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=21187

Give it a try, although you may have to rename the filenames in the cuesheet afterwards. Then post the cue here and I'll tell you if it at least makes sense. And post the format of the WAV files (sample rate and bitdepth).. better yet, just tell me if it's 44.1KHz/16bit or not.
I've had no luck with anything. I downloaded burnatonce and it didn't recognize the toc file, I also downloaded cdrdao and xduplicator and they don't recognize anything either. Any other ideas? None of the software I have can write a disc that is mixed with data tracks and audio tracks or I would just re-write the discs which might not even work anyway. HELP.
One thing that might help is that the files are supposed to be for a psp based tg-16 emulator, so maybe that will help tell what format these files are in?

christo930 said:
Exophase said:

I've had no luck with anything. I downloaded burnatonce and it didn't recognize the toc file, I also downloaded cdrdao and xduplicator and they don't recognize anything either. Any other ideas? None of the software I have can write a disc that is mixed with data tracks and audio tracks or I would just re-write the discs which might not even work anyway. HELP.
One thing that might help is that the files are supposed to be for a psp based tg-16 emulator, so maybe that will help tell what format these files are in?
I think you need TocFixer.

My own problem is that i've used a variety of tools to convert iso/mp3 into bin/cue(convert mp3 to wav, fix TOC with TocFixer, mount virtual disc image, convert disc image to bin/cue), but only a couple of these bin/cue games work in Temper(Akumojo Dracula X actually does work). When I try to load a non-working game, I sometimes get a screen telling me that I need to use a higher system card(say I'm using v2), but if I use the system 3 card on certain games, Temper crashes. At the same time, I can run Lords of Thunder with v3, so I know the image is fine. I just don't know what to do to get these games working.

The TOC is the structure of the CD content and the cue file can be derived from it. You could look into the Necstasy project for help. They have the cue file you desire.

bman said:
The TOC is the structure of the CD content and the cue file can be derived from it. You could look into the Necstasy project for help. They have the cue file you desire.

After putzing around with those files, I finally managed to get a hold of a better image and it is working splendidly. Thanks for all suggestions. It does slow down a little and the buttons are backwards, which is going to take some getting used to. But other than that, it's great.

Chris

christo930 said:
bman said:

After putzing around with those files, I finally managed to get a hold of a better image and it is working splendidly. Thanks for all suggestions. It does slow down a little and the buttons are backwards, which is going to take some getting used to. But other than that, it's great.

Chris

You can change the button assignment. What clock speed is it set to?

Exophase said:
christo930 said:
bman said:

Chris

You can change the button assignment. What clock speed is it set to?

I had it set at 200, then I tried 210 and it still slows down at times, especially when you hit a star which sends peices of the star all over the screen which can hit bad guys. Also, at the end of the level when all the fruit comes out of the treasure chest (which isn't a big deal). I don't know if it's a slowdown that would happen on the real hardware or not.

I discovered a bigger problem today! It saves fine, but it won't load! I tried replaying the game and saving again thinking it may just be a corrupt file or something, but it did it again. When I hit the R shoulder, it saves but takes a second, when I hit the L shoulder button, it locks up. I haven't had a chance to try it via the menu yet. Any advice?

Chris

Don't know about your save problems... try turning off BZ2 compression on the saves, I guess.

If the music doesn't start crackling then it's real game slowdown.

Exophase said:
Don't know about your save problems... try turning off BZ2 compression on the saves, I guess.

If the music doesn't start crackling then it's real game slowdown.

I turned off compression and an image or something and it worked. Thanks. Funny thing is that it works fine with parasol stars (compression, that is). Maybe it's something in the cd routine or something?
Sometimes it's game slowdown, but sometimes the fps counter drops.

Chris

Back