Help!

evilmarshy

Still Fresh
2X is unbricked now but I now have another problem when I connect to my PC via USB it recognises and displays that the device is working properly, but I can't see it in the My Computer area. Im running XP PRO SP2.

It's better to use a card reader. Using the GP2X as the mass storage drive, generally results in failure.

Get a card reader, they're inexpensive, faster, and result in a better overall experience! =)

xtravbx posted on Aug 25 2006 at 02:57 PM said:
It's better to use a card reader. Using the GP2X as the mass storage drive, generally results in failure.

Get a card reader, they're inexpensive, faster, and result in a better overall experience! =)

Last edited by a moderator:
TelcoLou posted on Aug 25 2006 at 09:04 PM said:
xtravbx posted on Aug 25 2006 at 02:57 PM said:

I've given up with this now. I tried different cables, drivers, usb slots.. everything. I would've never used it instead of a card reader but it would be nice to know the functionality is there if needed.

This may sound obvious but it is something I missed when I was trying to connect to PC after I had just got my GP2X: When you connect the GP2x to your PC, have you then (on your GP2x) selected Options > USB?

WhizzBang posted on Aug 25 2006 at 10:33 PM said:
This may sound obvious but it is something I missed when I was trying to connect to PC after I had just got my GP2X: When you connect the GP2x to your PC, have you then (on your GP2x) selected Options > USB?

yeah it wont work without that, and the linux drivers (for portable devices) on the file forum seemed to work aswell

Nope, thanks for the replies, none of them. The cable works fine because it has worked before. Also it connects to the PC because it notifiys me on my taskbar. I can also see it in the device manager. It just doesn't appear in Windows explorer. Also I'm not getting an SD reader because I know this method works.

Seriously, get a card reader, it save a world of trouble.

Beyond that, have you tried disabling USB2 and have all your USB ports run at/on USB1?

Back