Homebrew Info

Doke

Still Fresh
I have made a few amaturish games for windows. I found out about the caanoo and have decided to try and make a game! problum 1 is... I have no idea where to start... :p

so I have a few questions as I will be working on the game and then later making sure it everything fits correct with caanoo and such (buying it when I get the money later)

1. Can the caanoo run .exe? I know it is linux but can wine work on caanoo? if not can you take an exe and change the format somehow? (exe will be easyer for me)
2. If 1 is impossible, what are some good programs for first person games on caanoo (game has no guns or tools, I would explain but it would give the game away)
3. If you read the following and think im a complete fool and am doing it 100% wrong, TELL ME

Thanks in advance!

I would say running windows apps on caanoo is not likely. Wine is meant to run x86 windows apps and would be mostly incompatible with any caanoo arm port of wine.

There are many tutorials and guides here on the forums to get a development environment set up on windows.

SDL is great for caanoo if you have programming experience. You can even use OpenGLES on caanoo although I think the performance is not so good.
BennuGD I heard is very good and requires less programming knowledge, although I have not looked into it.

Back