How do I test the crosscompiler?

asimov-solensan

Very Active Member
I'm going to try to port a couple of things to the pandora, mainly the drivers for gamepads i have got around (thir modules are open source). I did similar things on desktop machines following step by step guides. Never used a crosscompiler though.

I set up the ivanovic crosscompiler in a debian virtual machine and now if I'm not wrong the next stpe is chroot to the folder where the sdk is and then compile things like usual. I was wondering if there is a simple code to test my crosscompiler.

Thanks in advance

No need to chroot. Just call the crosscompiler like you would call the normal one. Just use arm-linux...-gcc

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm, I'm lost here. I need the sources for the pandora's kernel (or the headers) but using opkg I'm only able to find the headers for the 2.6.27 kernel, which isn't the one used on the last used.

The sources are installed manually, or what should I do.

Now I'm stuck because the module I need to compile asks for some .h files that should be provided by the kernel.

You need to get the latest Lernel sources from git. Git.openpandora.org.

I downloaded everything from git://git.openpandora.org/pandora-kernel.git and then copied everything on the folder "include" to the folder "usr/include" in the crosscompiler.

Now I can see the .h files I need in the folder linux. It still complains about missing the file slab.h.

I don't know waht to do now.

By the way which command should I use to compile there are a few that seem the same to me:

arm-none-linux-gnueabi-gcc

arm-none-linux-gnueabi-gcc-4.6.1

pandora-gcc

pandora-gcc-4.6.1

I don't know that for Ivanovics toolchain, but maybe send him a pm?

There should be some info in his releasethread, too.

And what about the sources? Should I do something apart from copying the include folder.

Don't know if this matters but seeing the README in the folder I downloaded from the git seems that everything refers to a 2.6. The actual should be 3.2.

I'm sorry if my questions are stupid, you are helping a lot. Thanks.

Sorry, if I can't help more here, as the only modules I built were the dvbt ones. I built them directly on the Pandora and needed to compile the kernel to get a useful setup for this.

Back