How Do I Zip Individual Files?

purple_goat

Website
purplegoat25.deviantart.com
GPsp doesn't recognize .GBA (it does .gba)
I don't have a large card and I want to put as many games on as possible so I want to zip them (.gba in a .zip works)

So here is my trouble:
I have tons of zipped .GBA files that I have turned into .gba that I want to zip (each one individualy)
how can I do this? What progs should I use?

thanks

Well, 7-zip has a command line function so i guess you can use it to compress *.gba into zips, individually (never tried, but i don't see why you couldn't).

I remember doing so with Winrar
Select all your roms, right click -> add to archive, and don't forget to check some options I don't remember :ph34r: (explicitelly called, like 'compress in separate files')

You can do this very easily with WinRar.

1) Install WinRar (search Google for it)
2) Select all the files you want to zip
3) Right click on the selection and choose "Add to archive ...". This will open WinRar
4) On the General tab choose 'zip'
5) On the Files tab tick the box for 'Put each file into a separate archive'
6) Click OK

WhizzBang posted on Feb 19 2007 at 07:07 PM said:
You can do this very easily with WinRar.

1) Install WinRar (search Google for it)
2) Select all the files you want to zip
3) Right click on the selection and choose "Add to archive ...". This will open WinRar
4) On the General tab choose 'zip'
6) Click OK

Thanks a lot.. I was wondering this too ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
You can do it with Total Commander too, which I think is an excellent file manager. In that, you just select the files you want and use "Zip: One file per archive"

Squidge posted on Feb 19 2007 at 10:11 PM said:
You can do it with Total Commander too, which I think is an excellent file manager. In that, you just select the files you want and use "Zip: One file per archive"
Yeah Total Commander is nice indeed :)

WhizzBang posted on Feb 19 2007 at 11:07 AM said:
all I needed to know, thanks

(also, of course I have total cmdr, how else would I have batch renamed? :rolleyes: :D )

if you already had total commander, I'm puzzled as to why you didn't think you could zip a load of files into seperate archives :)

Squidge posted on Feb 20 2007 at 09:11 PM said:
if you already had total commander, I'm puzzled as to why you didn't think you could zip a load of files into seperate archives :)
yeah I know, but for zipping/unzipping I use 7-zip :p

I use it mainly for syncing files :)

Edit: and yes the batch rename function is awesome indeed B)

Squidge posted on Feb 20 2007 at 12:11 PM said:
I thought I could but I couldn't figure out how.. :lol:

purple_goat posted on Feb 20 2007 at 05:42 PM said:

I recommend downloading romzipper utility. Its quick, easy and supports just about all rom formats. I tried rezipping all my gbc roms to save space, with Winrar I got a whole lot of rar files which dont work with most emus. Winzip only supported zipping single files so I searched and found romzipper. Worked like a charm for batch conversion.

http://www.smiff.clara.net/utilities/rom/index.htm

Cheers!

Morpheus384 posted on Feb 20 2007 at 04:35 PM said:

I recommend downloading romzipper utility. Its quick, easy and supports just about all rom formats. I tried rezipping all my gbc roms to save space, with Winrar I got a whole lot of rar files which dont work with most emus. Winzip only supported zipping single files so I searched and found romzipper. Worked like a charm for batch conversion.

Cheers!
do you mean .rars?
you can make .zip's with WinRAR..

purple_goat posted on Feb 20 2007 at 07:54 PM said:
Morpheus384 posted on Feb 20 2007 at 04:35 PM said:

Cheers!
do you mean .rars?
you can make .zip's with WinRAR..

I'm aware of that now. But like you, I was unsure of my settings. I tried it once and it didnt work.

I'm generally impatient, so I was off like a shot to find a task specific program to do the job. And romzipper's a swell utility. It brought 504 mb of GBC roms down to a scanty 168 mb. Zip support in emus is simply wonderful :D

Back