How free is the Pandora's included software?

diligentcircle

Website
onpon4.github.io
I've recently gotten extremely interested in freedom, so much that I switched from GNU/Linux Mint being my main distro choice to Trisquel. So, I'm wondering: how free is the software included with the Pandora? I know that the nubs' firmware is locked down, but what about the OS? I wouldn't be shocked at all if there's proprietary blobs (since that's extremely common), but what is there, in particular? Any parts that can't function or function badly without proprietary software?

Just curious. :)

I've recently gotten extremely interested in freedom, so much that I switched from GNU/Linux Mint being my main distro choice to Trisquel. So, I'm wondering: how free is the software included with the Pandora? I know that the nubs' firmware is locked down, but what about the OS? I wouldn't be shocked at all if there's proprietary blobs (since that's extremely common), but what is there, in particular? Any parts that can't function or function badly without proprietary software?

Wifi and 3d are close source. I "think" the nub drivers (as opposed to firmware) are open. Bluetooth is probably closed too but I'm unsure of that one (not using that). The rest is pretty much free (from gpl to bsd)

Back