how to activate a right mouse button click with the stylus

blaylok

Still Fresh
sorry if this is a stupid question but how do i activate a right mouse button click on the pandora with my stylus or is there a way of using the keyboard to perform this task? i have been trying to do this with seq24 with little success.

tap and hold (dont wabble the stylus at this point) the stylus in place to activate the right mouse click.

The right nub is another option (not sure if you've noticed that its left & right directions are mapped to mouse buttons by default in XFCE).

Seq24 really is best with a mouse though.

[edit] It occurs to me that mapping the shoulder buttons to mouse buttons might be a good solution for Seq24.

There is an old guide here: http://www.gp32x.de...76

And a similar, more recent version here:

ok... to enable LR as mouse buttons I did following:

in Menu->Settings->Session and Startup

add "Application Autostart" new script with following contents:

Code:
#!/bin/sh

xkbset m

xkbset exp =m

a binary file, not included in OS is necessary: http://geo.hmg.inpg.fr/~janek/xkbset

Code:
66d56f486ef15b1a3eea94622d4487ef  xkbset

Finally a modification in .pndXmodmap is necessary, changing keycodes of 62 and 105:

Code:
keycode  62 = Pointer_Button1 NoSymbol Pointer_Button1

keycode 105 = Pointer_Button3 NoSymbol Pointer_Button3

I hope that this is really everything necessary.

Now, about how to implement this in your tool:

- modification of autostart scripts - I think this can be deferred to ~/.xinitrc instead of messing with xfce autostart

- you will need to add a binary of xkbset in your tool

- modification of .pndXmodmap would be a call to 'patch ~/.pndXmodmap < enableLR.diff', but I'm unable to produce such patch file, because I don't have original .pndXmodmap

I hope that it will work for you when you start testing this.

A bit fiddly. Does anyone know if we have a better method these days?

Last edited by a moderator:
@Gruso, I believe Caine is intending to add Mouse Button mapping to his OVR editor PNDaware utility, or the Nub Configurator soon. Until then I think the methods you posted are the current ways.

Ok, I gave cosurgi's instructions a go. I haven't got it autostarting yet but launching manually it works great. (For anyone having a go based on cosurgi's instructions, see spoiler).

There are a couple of tidbits of info not shown there that will help linux newbies:

1. The executable must be placed into /usr/bin

2. the pndXmodmap file is in your home folder. You will need to enable hidden files to see it.

Using this mapping with Seq24 is quite good, but there's a catch. When drawing notes on the piano roll, you hold the right button for edit mode, then left click to add notes. But the left shoulder does not respond when the right shoulder is being held. Ack.

You can use a combination of shoulder and nub though. While holding right shoulder, flick the right-hand nub to the left with your thumb. It actually works pretty well. A mouse is still better though!

@Mario - good stuff. Look forward to seeing things evolve in this little area. :)

Back