How To Change Firmware Back To Standard (F200)

kingoddball

Hello!
I "upgraded" my standard firmware to the always recommended Open2X firmware and it's not working well enough for me.
It cannot recognise SD cards, seems to crash and its just not what I thought it would be from what I have read here on GP32X.

I'm not sure if I done anything wrong, and I have tested many SD cards..

How do I go about changing firmware back to standard?

The standard firmware I downloaded was about 1.4MB, which seems far too small.

Thank You!

I've managed to get back to standard firmware.

I am now having two problems:

Touch Screen has now gone? Does not work. I DID USE THE CORRECT FIRMWARE! F200(B) (which is what mine is).
Since I upgraded to Open2X I have LOST support for some of my SD cards. 2 cards that WERE KNOWN to work are now not working in Standard OS anymore.

I have upgraded again from the 4.0.2 to 4.1.1 now and still no touchscreen....

I WANT MY PANDORA!! :pandora2ut4:

I guess I'll go play DS.

kingoddball said:
I've managed to get back to standard firmware.

I am now having two problems:

Touch Screen has now gone? Does not work. I DID USE THE CORRECT FIRMWARE! F200( B) (which is what mine is).
Since I upgraded to Open2X I have LOST support for some of my SD cards. 2 cards that WERE KNOWN to work are now not working in Standard OS anymore.

I have upgraded again from the 4.0.2 to 4.1.1 now and still no touchscreen....

I WANT MY PANDORA!! :pandora2ut4:

I guess I'll go play DS.

There's absolutely nothing Open2X could *possibly do* that would make your touchscreen and SD cards stop working between an install of it and an older GPH firmware. Nothing, OK?

What *is* known is that the GP2X's SD support sucks and so does their firmware. How are you determining that touchscreen no longer works? Does the calibration screen acknowledge your preses? If it does, but other games don't, you probably forgot to apply this touchscreen patch that fixed GPH's idiotic mistakes they made with changing the touchscreen kernel driver's data structures for no good reason and breaking support in-between two firmware releases.

Last edited by a moderator:
There is no touchscreen ability at all.
I went to calibration.
I dont use the touchscreen in 3rd party programs anyway.

I only ever used it in official os for navigation.

Does Open2X support touchscreen to naviagte? It never did for me.

It's just an oddity that my old 1GB card that has previously worked on my GP2X, does not work anymore. It a microSD and I also changed the adapter and tried and tested.

I think I might just go back to Open2X and find some SD cards that are known to work. It was a very nice OS. I just liked being able to navigate by touch.

Edit: I have just redone the OS back to Open2X.. How can GPH release such a flawed firmware?

Edit (again):
HOLY CRAP! After a reinstall of Open2X, it now has the touch screen support!
Maybe its possible that I had a bad install last time I tried.

Thanks Senor Quack!!

I'm glad it works now.. No, GMenu2X's touchscreen support really isn't good enough for day-to-day use yet. I am not the original author and already had my hands full adding all the other features. It would require a bit of work to make it snappy and precise like I would like it to be.

Sometimes I have trouble with SD cards then their contacts get a little dirty, and I clean them with rubbing alcohol and they work again.

Back