How To Check If Your Mame Game Is Compatible

Shikaku

ROFL THE WORD PENIS IS HILARIOUS!
USA... I feel lonely, not that many people from US
Website
Visit site
How to check if Your MAME game is compatible, or how to know when to look elsewhere.

Hey, this guide looks familiar huh? Actually, it should be very similiar to the Neo Geo guide, except for 1 thing: if the CRC is different, there is nothing you can do about it with that ROM =)

Also, this is much easier than the previous guide, but this time it requires specific software.

Software Required: http://7-zip.org (or any other program that displays CRC inside zip files, this one is the best compressor that's free though)

Here's what you need to do: open up the clrmame.dat and the zip file of the rom in question using 7-zip or your program that can give CRC (from now on I'll just say 7-zip). Search for the game in question in the clrmame.dat file. Then maximize the window of the opened 7-zip file (I'm checking Athena BTW).

Check out what should appear in the right side of each of the zip files (if you can't see it, mess with the tabs if you don't see it by right clicking the boxes of the name of one and unchecking what you don't need):

zipvs5.png

And then look at the clrmame's CRC:

clrmameob1.png

Compare and contrast the CRCs and filenames. If the filenames do not match but the CRCs match, you can just rename as needed by extracting the zip, and then renaming and rezipping. Otherwise, LOOK ELSEWHERE. You can't change anything at all in this, sorry =)

that's one way but why not use clrmame pro all along, that's what the dat is for. I don't imagine myself verifying 1000 roms by hand :)

just download clrmame from http://www.clrmame.com/ install it then in the profiler select the dat file that comes with mamegp2x. then setup the directories to where your roms are located and then start the scanning clrmame will show u which roms are wrong. will even try to fix them if u enabled it (these are most of the time crc errors or nodumps etc it will fix unless u have some other versions of the roms in another directory then u can tell clrmame to look at those files for a correct version). and that's it. It isn't to hard if u just look at the options a bit and set it up correctly

Just a realy quick question:

I have several mame games that I play using Mame32.

All of them load fine on Mame32 but the majority don't load on the gp2x.

I dowloaded clrmamepro and did the above instructions and just as an example. Double Dragon says that none of the file names inside the zip file are correct and suggests a proper name for most of them. It then says that there are unneeded files. And I'm missing some files.

How come it works fine on mame32 and not on gp2x. Is it becase the dat file has different values and names for everything so it fails? If so why is it so different then mame32. Why wouldnt they be the same name for the files inside the zip?

How can I get around this. Obviously the game files I have work. They just don't match up with whats in the dat file.

Thanks,

Back