How To Format A Sd Card?

mrwolves

Still Fresh
how is this done, do you just put the sd card in the gp2x, then format?

so when i put the sd card in the gp2x put the usb in, do i go to setting then usb then sd card for it to format?

ok cheers i just wanted to make sure, as i brought the gp2x not long ago and since i got it, fought out i need a certain type of battery, a sd card and it goes on and on.

also is this card alright

SanDisk Standard SD Card 1GB

High transfer rate for fast copying and downloading
Large storage capacity 1GB
Built to last, with an operating shock rating of 2,000Gs, equivalent to a ten-foot drop
5-year limited warranty

It should be alright, go the wiki and check the SD cards compatibility list, but take in consideration that when they say it has high transfer rate for fast copying and downloading that this is only a standard SD, not one of those fast cards.
To check for faster cards with cheap prices go www.newegg.com they have a fast 4GB SD card that is under $80 without shipping and many of us here already have it (although you will have to ignore that it is pink :D )

Last edited by a moderator:
im from uk, so i dont want to order from usa, i check wiki list for compatibility

Description, model name Firmware Version
1.0 1.0.1 1.1.0 1.2.0 1.2.1 1.3.0 1.4.0 2.0.0 2.1.0

SanDisk 1GB (normal) √ √ √ √ √ √ √ √ √ √ √ √ √ Χ

i think this is the one, i have a new gp2x so the firmware is 2 something or other is it okay im confussed?

http://wiki.gp2x.org/wiki/SD_card_compatibility

all i need to know is if this sd card work with gp2x or anyone has it

Built to last, with an operating shock rating of 2,000Gs, equivalent to a ten-foot drop
5-year limited warranty

Yes it should formatted so.
Ok here is the rule, as long it is not mention to be not compatible, it should be compatible, but no one here would approve that except someone who has the same exact card (so you don't blame them later if it didn't work :p )

all i need to know is if this sd card work with gp2x or anyone has it

5-year limited warranty
sandisks will definitly work.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back