Html Viewer For Claws-Mail

Well, if ClawsMail itself hasn't been changed, then I can't make it use the SD Card...
ClawsMail uses $HOME, but as soon as I change that to a VFAT card, it cannot do any chmods and doesn't run.

sebt3: How did you compile it? I still get this error:

Code:
libtool: link: arm-none-linux-gnueabi-gcc -g -O2 -Wno-unused-function -Wno-pointer-sign -Wall -pthread -I/usr/include/enchant -I/usr/include/glib-2.0 -I/usr/lib/glib-2.0/include -o .libs/claws-mail account.o action.o addrbook.o addrcache.o addrclip.o addr_compl.o addrcustomattr.o addressadd.o addressbook.o addressbook_foldersel.o addrgather.o addrharvest.o addrindex.o addritem.o addrquery.o addrselect.o addrduplicates.o alertpanel.o autofaces.o browseldap.o codeconv.o compose.o crash.o customheader.o displayheader.o editaddress.o editaddress_other_attributes_ldap.o editbook.o editgroup.o editjpilot.o editldap_basedn.o editldap.o edittags.o editvcard.o enriched.o exphtmldlg.o expldifdlg.o export.o exporthtml.o exportldif.o filtering.o folder.o folder_item_prefs.o foldersel.o folderutils.o folderview.o grouplistdialog.o headerview.o html.o image_viewer.o imap.o imap_gtk.o import.o importldif.o importmutt.o importpine.o inc.o jpilot.o ldapctrl.o ldaplocate.o ldapquery.o ldapserver.o ldapupdate.o ldaputil.o ldif.o localfolder.o main.o mainwindow.o manual.o matcher.o matcher_parser_lex.o matcher_parser_parse.o mbox.o message_search.o messageview.o mh.o mh_gtk.o mimeview.o msgcache.o mutt.o news.o news_gtk.o noticeview.o partial_download.o pine.o pop.o prefs_account.o prefs_actions.o prefs_common.o prefs_compose_writing.o prefs_customheader.o prefs_display_header.o prefs_ext_prog.o prefs_filtering_action.o prefs_filtering.o prefs_folder_item.o prefs_fonts.o prefs_gtk.o prefs_image_viewer.o prefs_logging.o prefs_matcher.o prefs_message.o prefs_msg_colors.o prefs_other.o prefs_quote.o prefs_receive.o prefs_send.o prefs_spelling.o prefs_summaries.o prefs_summary_column.o prefs_summary_open.o prefs_folder_column.o prefs_template.o prefs_themes.o prefs_toolbar.o prefs_wrapping.o printing.o privacy.o procheader.o procmime.o procmsg.o quote_fmt.o quote_fmt_lex.o quote_fmt_parse.o recv.o remotefolder.o send_message.o setup.o simple-gettext.o sourcewindow.o ssl_manager.o statusbar.o stock_pixmap.o summary_search.o summaryview.o textview.o toolbar.o undo.o unmime.o uri_opener.o vcard.o wizard.o -pthread -pthread -pthread -Wl,--export-dynamic  -L/home/michi/pandora-dev/arm-2009q3/usr/lib gtk/.libs/libclawsgtk.a -lcrypt -lresolv /home/michi/pandora-dev/arm-2009q3/usr/lib/libpixman-1.so /home/michi/pandora-dev/arm-2009q3/usr/lib/libpng12.so /home/michi/pandora-dev/arm-2009q3/usr/lib/libXrender.so /home/michi/pandora-dev/arm-2009q3/usr/lib/libX11.so /home/michi/pandora-dev/arm-2009q3/usr/lib/libXau.so /home/michi/pandora-dev/arm-2009q3/usr/lib/libXdmcp.so /home/michi/pandora-dev/arm-2009q3/usr/lib/libz.so -lm /home/michi/pandora-dev/arm-2009q3/usr/lib/libexpat.so -ldl -lenchant /home/michi/pandora-dev/arm-2009q3/usr/lib/libgtk-x11-2.0.so /home/michi/pandora-dev/arm-2009q3/usr/lib/libgdk-x11-2.0.so /home/michi/pandora-dev/arm-2009q3/usr/lib/libatk-1.0.so /home/michi/pandora-dev/arm-2009q3/usr/lib/.libs/libgio-2.0.so /home/michi/pandora-dev/arm-2009q3/usr/lib/libpangoft2-1.0.so /home/michi/pandora-dev/arm-2009q3/usr/lib/libgdk_pixbuf-2.0.so /home/michi/pandora-dev/arm-2009q3/usr/lib/libpangocairo-1.0.so /home/michi/pandora-dev/arm-2009q3/usr/lib/libcairo.so /home/michi/pandora-dev/arm-2009q3/usr/lib/libpango-1.0.so /home/michi/pandora-dev/arm-2009q3/usr/lib/libfreetype.so /home/michi/pandora-dev/arm-2009q3/usr/lib/libfontconfig.so /home/michi/pandora-dev/arm-2009q3/usr/lib/.libs/libgmodule-2.0.so -lgpgme -lassuan -lgpg-error -lnsl -lstartup-notification-1 /home/michi/pandora-dev/arm-2009q3/usr/lib/.libs/libdbus-glib-1.so /home/michi/pandora-dev/arm-2009q3/usr/lib/libdbus-1.so -lpthread /home/michi/pandora-dev/arm-2009q3/usr/lib/.libs/libgobject-2.0.so /home/michi/pandora-dev/arm-2009q3/usr/lib/.libs/libgthread-2.0.so -lrt /home/michi/pandora-dev/arm-2009q3/usr/lib/.libs/libglib-2.0.so -pthread -Wl,-rpath -Wl,/home/michi/pandora-dev/arm-2009q3/usr/lib
arm-none-linux-gnueabi-gcc: /home/michi/pandora-dev/arm-2009q3/usr/lib/.libs/libgio-2.0.so: No such file or directory
arm-none-linux-gnueabi-gcc: /home/michi/pandora-dev/arm-2009q3/usr/lib/.libs/libgmodule-2.0.so: No such file or directory
arm-none-linux-gnueabi-gcc: /home/michi/pandora-dev/arm-2009q3/usr/lib/.libs/libdbus-glib-1.so: No such file or directory
arm-none-linux-gnueabi-gcc: /home/michi/pandora-dev/arm-2009q3/usr/lib/.libs/libgobject-2.0.so: No such file or directory
arm-none-linux-gnueabi-gcc: /home/michi/pandora-dev/arm-2009q3/usr/lib/.libs/libgthread-2.0.so: No such file or directory
arm-none-linux-gnueabi-gcc: /home/michi/pandora-dev/arm-2009q3/usr/lib/.libs/libglib-2.0.so: No such file or directory
make[4]: *** [claws-mail] Error 1
make[4]: Leaving directory `/home/michi/pandora-dev/claws-mail-3.7.6/src'
make[3]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/michi/pandora-dev/claws-mail-3.7.6/src'
make[2]: *** [all] Error 2
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/michi/pandora-dev/claws-mail-3.7.6/src'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/michi/pandora-dev/claws-mail-3.7.6'
make: *** [all] Error 2

What am I missing there?

EvilDragon said:
Well, if ClawsMail itself hasn't been changed, then I can't make it use the SD Card...
ClawsMail uses $HOME, but as soon as I change that to a VFAT card, it cannot do any chmods and doesn't run.
Since we discussed, I've updated utils.c and reup the pnd.
I've tested, and it look to use the sdcard (mine is vfat...) fine using a local mbox.

Last edited by a moderator:
IMAP doesn't seem to work.
As soon as I try to access the folder, it crashes with the following message:

Code:
Ohhhh jeeee: operation is not possible without initialized secure memory

According to google, this seems to be a problem with GnuTLS and not with Claws-Mail... but it works with the Angström Claws-Mail, so maybe it has problems accessing GnuTLS?

We have libgnutls26 and libgnutls-extra26 installed... and they seem to work with the 3.6.1 version of ClawsMail we have... I wonder if there are any problems in Angström and therefore they haven't upgraded yet?

EDIT: Found more about this issue:
That is a libgcrypt error message. Could it be that you invoke
gnutls_dh_params_generate2 before gnutls_global_init?

Alternatively, it may be that libgcrypt somehow is initialized before
gnutls_global_init is invoked, and then GnuTLS cannot initialize
libgcrypt properly. Do you link to any other library that may use
libgcrypt?

I wish that libgcrypt were more stateless..

Here's also some code and information that could help here

And here is something similar in GnuPG.

Sounds like it could still be our VFAT-Problem... hrmmm.

EDIT: Tried running your PND on the NAND, still the same crash, so it's no permission issue I think.

EvilDragon said:
and they seem to work with the 3.6.1 version of ClawsMail we have...
Without a better solution, I've built that same version and I could connect to gmail, so SSL seems to work this time.
(still the same link)

sebt3 said:
EvilDragon said:
and they seem to work with the 3.6.1 version of ClawsMail we have...
Without a better solution, I've built that same version and I could connect to gmail, so SSL seems to work this time.
(still the same link)

Just wanted to confirm that IMAP indeed works fine now.
Copied the whole profile with all mail accounts from my desktop PCs and it works fine :)

Last edited:
EvilDragon said:
Copied the whole profile with all mail accounts from my desktop PCs and it works fine :)
I was waiting for that post to "upload" it to the file-archive.

With pidgin, abiword, gnumeric and claw-mail there, you could remove these apps from the image as planned. I'm waiting for HF5 now :D

BTW a link to a forum thread per application could be cool on the file-archive, so uploaders could set where to bug repport and it could lower the number of things to monitor.

sebt3 said:
EvilDragon said:
I was waiting for that post to "upload" it to the file-archive.

With pidgin, abiword, gnumeric and claw-mail there, you could remove these apps from the image as planned. I'm waiting for HF5 now :D

BTW a link to a forum thread per application could be cool on the file-archive, so uploaders could set where to bug repport and it could lower the number of things to monitor.

Good idea. A completely new version for the file archive is currently being coded by an author from the community.
It supports uploading the sourcecode, keep old versions, upgrade without me having to approve everything anymore, etc.

Betatesting could start soon. I'll add the idea for the thread :)

Last edited:
Back