GP32 Hugo's House of Horrors on GP32?

bmd3287

Website
Visit site
I love the game "Hugo's House of Horrors"...I think it was a DOS game. Is there any way to play it on the gp32? it is a text based adventure game like Leisure suit larry, but I dont know if it is made by Sierra. Someone Help me out here. thanx

It's made by David P. Gray, but with the same interpreter(?) as all those old Sierra point-and-click adventures. And it's a trilogy!

Anyway, cool idea. LOL, you should try the "Cool Ideas" board... :D

Really? So it will work on GP32? Sweet, I loved this game! What's the Sarien emulator like, any good? I'd imagine it would take hours to type out the instructions. is there sound?

I used to love that trilogy in my childhood.
Hugo 1: Hugo's House of Horrors
Hugo 2: Whodunnit
Hugo 3: Jungle of Doom

For the most part, typing out instructions would be simple. The hardest part would be getting around the lack of a keyboard for some parts which you had to type quickly. (IE: Getting the gold in the second one)

In the game all you had to do was basically type simple things like:
get *
take *
open door
close door
use *
talk to *
walk *

If this actually does work on GP32, someone let me know, it will force me to get money for a GP32 quicker.

Actually, I don't think it does use the same interpreter. This site says it uses a kind of cross between AGI and SCI. I think it was available on Amiga, though, if we ever get an emulator for that.

mr twit posted on Dec 27 2003 at 04:55 PM said:
Actually at I don't think it does use the same interpreter. This site says it uses a kind of cross between AGI and SCI. I think it was available on Amiga, though, if we ever get an emulator for that.
Yay Amiga!

Sorry, Couldn`t help myself. :D

Trooper

Last edited by a moderator:
mr twit posted on Dec 27 2003 at 03:55 PM said:
Actually at I don't think it does use the same interpreter. This site says it uses a kind of cross between AGI and SCI. I think it was available on Amiga, though, if we ever get an emulator for that.
You're right, sorry to anyone for the confusion, it was kind of a wild guess. Anyway, yeah, I'd love to see the Hugo Trilogy on Gamepark. I remember like the back of my hand how to beat House of Horrors, but the other two would keep me entertained for hours, it's been so long..

Last edited by a moderator:
Back