I Didn't Know That There Were Fake Psp

R.B

I didn't know that there were fake PSP, on one of my rare outings I was at GameTraders looking at their used PSP that they had for sale because at GameTraders they don’t change the firmware to the latest revision like EB Games do anyway they had two PSP 3000 and when I looked at them I noticed that one looked a Lott better than the other, they both looked ok but one stood out, when you look at the case molding one was not as good as the other, for example at the top of the screen the molding was bowed down so if you look at it square on you could not see the top row of pixels in the middle of the screen, Don’t buy your PSP from Hong Kong

Maybe it was a Pop Station? There are tons of things like that around.

Last edited by a moderator:
Popcorn Dave said:
Maybe it was a Pop Station? There are tons of things like that around.

It was definitely a SONY PSP 3006 and a 3002 that I was comparing, the 3002 was a real PSP and the 3006 was a fake

Maybe a custom case? Where there case mods for the psp? I never had one. But that's what I would guess. You should have asked them to turn it on and check it out.

yes it won't have been a fake PSP, it will have been rehoused in a 3rd party shell. you can buy new shells for PSP, NDS, GBA etc from places like dealextreme and whilst some of them are really very good, some of them aren't.

gibberish said:
yes it won't have been a fake PSP, it will have been rehoused in a 3rd party shell. you can buy new shells for PSP, NDS, GBA etc from places like dealextreme and whilst some of them are really very good, some of them aren't.

That's something to look out for, I noticed on the good one the plastic molding color was solid not painted on like the other one, I think you are definitely right

You could always swap the case again. I'd try and get a deal out of this, telling the clerk that I'd expect them to drop the price significantly because of the cheap case replacement.

Back