I need help, trying porting Jaguar emu

Sorry but no news, Ive been to busy last days, I tryed to create a GLES window earlier but it wasnt as simple as I had hoped, I now have to go through guides and mayby copy-paste some code, Ill see what I can work out this evening.

Sorry but no news, Ive been to busy last days, I tryed to create a GLES window earlier but it wasnt as simple as I had hoped, I now have to go through guides and mayby copy-paste some code, Ill see what I can work out this evening.
Use this. eglport.[c|h] will create the GLES window for you.

Hmm, Im using C-DV tools PND. I cpoied all contents in eglport.c to my test file and enter new egl commands and changed to SWSURFACE and no GL in setvideomode, then commented out close() in Vsync function? cos it was undeclared, I compiled with g++ myfile.cpp -lSDL -lGLES_CM -lEGL -lX11 and no error messages

Trying to run the program now yields some info,

EGL Open display

EGL Get display

EGL Init

Found 2 available configs

Config 0

EGL Bind

EGL Create Context

EGL Create window surface

X Error of failed request: BadWindow (invalid Window parameter)

Major opcode of failed request: 3 (X_GetWindowAttributes)

Resource id in failed request: 0x0

Serial number of failed request: 7

Current serial number in output stream: 8

HEEEEELP!!!1 :)

then commented out close() in Vsync function?
need more :
#include <unistd.h>

X Error of failed request: BadWindow (invalid Window parameter)

Major opcode of failed request: 3 (X_GetWindowAttributes)

Resource id in failed request: 0x0

Serial number of failed request: 7

Current serial number in output stream: 8
sound like you're doing EGL_Init before SDL_SetVideoMode.

change that ;)

Why did you copy the contents? You just need to compile the file with the rest of the sources. In my last upload this is all done for you. You just have to mess around to get the eglcontext initialized correctly :)

No I did EGL_Init after Setvideomode, but I used variables for screen size and I had copied the code over from PC normal GL stuff so I had missed that one little detail, the size was to large, however now I get segmentation fault... I tried 800x480 in fullscreen, it pops up and then immidiatly crashes, I tryed a window with half res and same happens, window comes up quickly then crashes and segmentation fault.

Full message is:

EGL Open display

EGL Get display

EGL Init

Found 2 available configs

Config 0

EGL Bind

EGL Create Context

EGL Create window surface

EGL Make Current

EGL Done

Segmentation fault

mcobit, I didnt copy it to the jag emu, I was trying to get a small GL project to run I thaught that would be the first step... Im looking at your last upload now, you did all the GL work? But it couldnt open eglcontext? Ill take a look and see what happens.

The EGL doesn't work and Cloudef has found some bug in the glesconversion in TexImage2D... But I don't want to do anything more on this.

And sorry, Your post didn't make clear, that you did a new project. I thought you would refer to the emusources.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, I got your latest work up and running, but I havent got bios and roms so I need to get some of those to try out, Im following around the files and you must have put in quite some time already amazing work man! Ill look around and see what I can find, cos the window came up with no probs now, the segmentation fault was embarising enough a lacking texture, I hadnt copied the image... The EGLport was amazing! Thanks to whoever made that!

With the configfile, that is in my sources it will render in swmode. You need to switch back to ogl in the vj.cfg.

Hmm, in glTexSubImage2D parameters you exchanged y-offset to GL_RGBA, why? I changed it back to 0, I added SDL/ infront of SDL.h in the header files include, and I removed $(GLLIB) from the makefile, with that it compiled, when I run it I only get a black screen and cant do anything, dont know if it crashed or what, I take a look at controls next.

And I also switched vj.cfg to openGL 1

Cool, so you are further than I was. Was a Mistake by me to set it in glTexSubimage. Sorry. I don't know what else is wrong, but you seem to know opengl better than me. You can debug it, when you set it to windowed instaed of fullscreen again maybe.

Does it run with Opengl turned off for you?

As I use a toolchain, there are a lot of things you might have to change in the Makefile ...

Yea without GL I get a small blue square in top left corner of screen, with a working menu, but I couldnt load any game, it just never started.

I tryed truning off fullscreen but it didnt work, hmm mayby the program simply crashes the Panda cos it dosnt seem to react to anything else then holding down HOME button and sliding power button to reset it. Im looking through files but I cant find the controls, the normal gamekontrols are in the cfg for ex, I changed it but since I cant get into a game I dont know if that works... There should be some controls somewere for bringing down the menu like ALT or ESC or F1 or any button at all, I tried pushing every single button on the Panda but I cant get out of the dark screen of doom....

I quickly took a look at gui.cpp but its massive and I couldnt make out anything to keyboard buttons that wasnt gamecontrols anyway.

Ok I finally found a reference to ESC in gui.cpp, its supposed to close window it seem, so I think this program simply crashes in the state it is in, I have no idea what could be wrong either :(

I had Tempest 2000 working. Note, that .jag roms won't work. Rename them to .j64

Back