Hello,

I am thinking of buying a GP2X F-200

Here's the list of things I promise not to whinge about
  • Battery Life
  • Screen going funny or system crashing because of not using right batteries
  • Funny dots on screen
  • D-Pad
  • Certain apps not quite working yet
Taking into account all of the above - Is there a Speccy emulator available?

And - do I get the one that is currently on E-Bay?

I am poised to click!

Thanks!

:)

The problem wasn't with the TYPE of batteries, it was extra metal shorting out most F-200 models.

What funny dots on the screen? My screen is perfect.

D-Pad you will get used to it, it's better for some games!

Most apps are working now. I got SNES with sound, Genesis with sound, etc.

I don't know about the Speccy emulator, but most "broken apps" just need fixed sound

satanspants said:
Hello,

I am thinking of buying a GP2X F-200

Here's the list of things I promise not to whinge about
  • Battery Life
  • Screen going funny or system crashing because of not using right batteries
  • Funny dots on screen
  • D-Pad
  • Certain apps not quite working yet
Taking into account all of the above - Is there a Speccy emulator available?

And - do I get the one that is currently on E-Bay?

I am poised to click!

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
fosszombie said:
The problem wasn't with the TYPE of batteries, it was extra metal shorting out most F-200 models.

MOST? Geez, another generalization (actually, a SEVERE exaggeration). I haven't even heard of anyone on here complaining about this "extra metal" problem you're talking about. You make it sound like there's an epidemic.

Were you referring to THIS thread?: http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?showtopic=39213 Because it sounds to me (and everyone who responded to the thread) that the guy had bad batteries.

I swear, it's like a game of Telephone in these forums sometime -- "I heard from a friend who has a sister who has a boyfriend who's grandma claims that her F-200 blew up when she turned it on! All F-200's are explosive!!! GPH is working with the terrorists!!!!!!! OMG!!! O Noez!!!!" :rolleyes:

Parkydr said:
There are 2 spectrum emulators gp2xpectrum and Fuse

Parkydr - Thank you for answering my question!

Whispers quietly:

People are a bit uptight round here aren't they? - I thought Linux & GNU and all the good homebrew stuff would make people happy! - This is worse that a Mac vs Microsoft debate! :D

I really hope I don't dare ask anything really dumb!

Ducks - Takes cover...

Right flamewar begin!!!! :p

satanspants said:

Whispers quietly:

People are a bit uptight round here aren't they? - I thought Linux & GNU and all the good homebrew stuff would make people happy! - This is worse that a Mac vs Microsoft debate! :D

Ducks - Takes cover...

My GP2X makes me VERY happy. I just feel bad when someone comes here looking for help/information (like yourself) and instead of getting that help/information they get negativity and DISinformation.

morrissey2k7 said:
satanspants said:

Whispers quietly:

Ducks - Takes cover...

My GP2X makes me VERY happy. I just feel bad when someone comes here looking for help/information (like yourself) and instead of getting that help/information they get negativity and DISinformation.

I have done a bit of research which is why I came up with the list in my original post, perhaps I did not cover all bases! - I think it is good that something like this promotes passion and debate - obviously this can sometimes get deflected in the wrong direction!

Personally I dislike mediocrity - which is why I want something that will require me to think and not just plug in a cart and go for it - which as much as I love my DS Lite I find the whole GP2X concept exciting that I can go back to my yoof (yes I am fast becoming an old git) and play the games that I love. Perhaps even pickup on my programming that I have abandoned in becoming a PM.

What about C64 emulation? Last I heard there isn't 100% capable emulator (some sound lagging etc.)

Do NES and Gameboy (classic b&w one) emulators work?
And by "work" I consider nothing short of 100% accurate sound/graphic/gameplay experience.

What about tv-out, does it work with those emulators?

Having laggy Amiga/SNES on GP2X is acceptable, but glitchy 8-bit emulation is a no-no for any platform, let alone one that's supposedly built for it... heck, even PSP emulates 8-bit machines perfectly, not to mention some mobile phones too :rolleyes: :)

to be honest NES is kinda picky on certain games. Majority of them work though...see but wtf I know there is a wiki about most of the emus out and what they can do and what they can't do...

Back