Icontrolpad

Do you feel Craig and Michael Weston IControlPad project would cause them to loose some focus on pro

• Yes

Votes: 10 12.5%
  • No

Votes: 70 87.5%

• Total voters

Poem58 said:
ED, I think what has people confused is the fact that TV out cable info has 2 completely different answers as to why they aren't available.

craigix said:
They will make any number (well, within reason, like 1000+). The problem is the parts come from Chilie and an earthquake wrecked the supply line.

So, you say they need 10,000 minimum, Craig says 1,000 would be fine but the supply line was disrupted. It can be one or the other, question is which is the proper info?

Disasters in 'Chilie' (sic) being the problem are not the currently favoured explanation over 'there':

http://boards.openpandora.org/index.php?/topic/26-hotfix-4b3-tv-out-script/

Last edited by a moderator:
I have no issue with loss of focus with these projects. More directional issues but thats the wobbly pop :p

The ICP deserves to make a ton of cash for those involved. They possibly also need the cash injection at this time.

My sole concern with ´the device´ is its bulk, which I would not mind but others where it was announced have expressed.

This wont hamper sales too much but I am surprised that given the final designs size, they did not decide to hinge it, to solve this issue, protecting the screen or the need to dismantle it to pocket it again. Making it even more Pandora like (with phone). :rolleyes:

I´m pleased to hear they have made many units in the background of the Pandora delays, as a separate project, so they can cope with potential initial demand. Demand will be high. B)

As a Pandora customer I am slightly hesitant though, in that the ICP means all those handhelds out there with naff real controls :blink: , are going to get some awesome ones from the Pandora´s guts :( . No keyboard still but they have touchscreen versions they are happy with. Plus other things the Pandora lacks.

The Pandora will be a great system for sometime (years) to come but offering its indirect competition better controls & longer battery life (2 big selling points), in an almost as open and pocketable format? :huh: ....seems to be shooting the baby in the foot and chucking it out with the bath water to the gutter below, along with your own nose. :blink:

Back