Idiot New User - Help Please? Amiga/neo Geo

ariauk

Still Fresh
Hi all,

I just picked up a 2nd hand GP2X 200, I have read through a lot of forum posts and the readme's with the apps but I'm having a couple of problems with some emulators.

I have installed Gngeo2x and it works great except I cant seem to quit back to GP2x menu, or quit a game to choose a new rom. If i press L+R+Select or L+R+Home I can get to the quit game option but if i select it the emulator just hangs. I seem to have to turn the console off every time I want to change rom or get back to the main menu to choose a different emu which is annoying. Am I doing something wrong or is this normal? Also seem to have trouble quiting out of FBA2X without it hanging

I'm also having trouble with the amiga emulator - I have it working with kick boot and can load and run roms but can't start any game (i get to the menu screen) as I cant work out the key config, and am getting confused with the moue/keyboard toggle. I've read the readme which has got me this far but it's not idiot proof and doesnt explain how to start a game from its menu!

Other than that I have Snes/PC Engine and Gensis roms running great.

Also what movie formats are supported - just divx/xvid or does it now support mpeg/wmv etc..?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

In gngeo (and maybe fba2x, can't remember), activate "autoreload gui" and there you are.

No help with the other questions, sorry :(

juanvvc got it right with the autoreload option. Common issue.

ariauk said:
I'm also having trouble with the amiga emulator - I have it working with kick boot and can load and run roms but can't start any game (i get to the menu screen) as I cant work out the key config, and am getting confused with the moue/keyboard toggle. I've read the readme which has got me this far but it's not idiot proof and doesnt explain how to start a game from its menu!
I have my games uncompressed in a subdirectory called disks. I load the adf with "select image" then select "Run." During game screens I select joystick for moves and fire. For input I select the onscreen keyboard.

The website says it supports MP4,XVid, and DivX. I'm unaware of MPEG/WMV support unless another movie player is ported with those features.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for your help, now have neo geo working great. Thanks. As for the AMiga eulator, i can get my files loaded and select joypad but nce a game is at the start or select cheat screen no controls seem to respond so i dont get any further. Assume i'm missing something obvious on this one.

Sorry guys, can you tell me where the 'autoreload gui' option is for the gneogeo emulator? I had a look today but I can't find it, and I don't like having to power off my machine every time I want to switch games.

jedi420 said:
Sorry guys, can you tell me where the 'autoreload gui' option is for the gneogeo emulator? I had a look today but I can't find it, and I don't like having to power off my machine every time I want to switch games.
While in Rage2x, press SELECT to go to the Settings menu; you can find it in there. After you enable it, select Save All Settings.

Manjuu said:
jedi420 said:
While in Rage2x, press SELECT to go to the Settings menu; you can find it in there. After you enable it, select Save All Settings.

Thanks mate :)

ariauk said:
Thanks for your help, now have neo geo working great. Thanks. As for the AMiga eulator, i can get my files loaded and select joypad but nce a game is at the start or select cheat screen no controls seem to respond so i dont get any further. Assume i'm missing something obvious on this one.
Post the Title and I'll try to start it as well.

[/quote]
Post the Title and I'll try to start it as well.
[/quote]
It seems to be anything that starts on a cheat screen (infinite lives etc..), this seem to be most I've tried! Buggy Boy goes straight to the game menu and works fine but games like Alien 3 and Chase HQ where the game loads to a Flashtro screen are the ones i can get a response from.

Back