Indy / Monkey: Exits To Unix Frontend

obliviongate

Still Fresh
Hi guys,

I have been playing the old Scumm games for ages, but recently I got so far in Monkey Island and walked towards the edge of the map and the game exited back to Unix. I gave up! The same thing happens in Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis. I am in the balloon with Sophia, and we fly south and the game exits back to Unix.

Has anyone experienced this before? What might be causing it? I love these games and want to finish them.

I believe I am using the most up to date version of ScummVM and the batteries are fine.

Thanks for your help

obliviongate posted on Feb 8 2007 at 06:37 AM said:
Hi guys,

I have been playing the old Scumm games for ages, but recently I got so far in Monkey Island and walked towards the edge of the map and the game exited back to Unix. I gave up! The same thing happens in Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis. I am in the balloon with Sophia, and we fly south and the game exits back to Unix.

Has anyone experienced this before? What might be causing it? I love these games and want to finish them.

I believe I am using the most up to date version of ScummVM and the batteries are fine.

Thanks for your help

Can you try this version here and let me know if it sorts that issue (or rather hacks around it).

Saves made in this version will not be compatible with the upcoming GP2X 0.9.1a release and this is not a 'proper' release just a version to see if it fixes obliviongates issue (so there are other bugs, this is just a test to see if one specific problem is fixed).

If it fixes the problem I will make sure the fix is in the 0.9.1a test release I am doing in a few days.

It is also worth noting that I tend to keep a much closer eye on the ports official forum here these days.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes I had this bug in Indy4, But I give up playing at this time, I still have the save tough, I should try :D

BTW, Thanks DJWillis for your support :))))
paxl13

paxl13 posted on Feb 8 2007 at 07:39 PM said:
Yes I had this bug in Indy4, But I give up playing at this time, I still have the save tough, I should try :D

If you could that would be cool, if it looks like a viable fix I will backport it to 0.9.1a.

Hey, thanks so much for the quick reply. I shall try this immediately and report back.

Thanks again

DJWillis posted on Feb 8 2007 at 07:53 PM said:
paxl13 posted on Feb 8 2007 at 07:39 PM said:

If you could that would be cool, if it looks like a viable fix I will backport it to 0.9.1a.

Hey, thanks so much. Although it feels a little slower, i can now move around the map in Indy Fate of Atlantis.

This has fixed what ever problem there was.

What was making it exit to the desktop then?

Thanks again

obliviongate posted on Feb 8 2007 at 08:07 PM said:
What was making it exit to the desktop then?

In release builds I set the app to go back to the menu should 'anything' go wrong as a sort of coverall ;).

Thanks for the feedback, it may well be slower, as I said it was aimed to get feedback on that specific fix.
Just trying to sort some BASS bugs and I will then start working on the 0.9.1a release.

Back