GP32 Install Sdl Libraries On Linux

Dimitry

Still Fresh
Website
Visit site
Can someone help me with the installation of chui's SDL libraries on Linux?
I've putted the .h files in /usr/arm-thumb-elf/include/SDL and the .a files in /usr/arm-thumb-elf/lib , but at the time of compiling Vector , i receive this message:
sh-2.05b$ make -f Makefile.gp32
arm-thumb-elf-gcc -o vector.elf crt0.o gpstart.o vector.o gpdata.o -Tlnkscript user_init.o -nostartfiles -lm -lgpos -lgpstdio -lgpstdlib -lgpsound -lgpmem -lgpgraphic -lgpfont -lSDL -lSDL_image -lSDL_mixer -lpng -lz -lm -lSDL -lgpstdio -lgpstdlib
/usr/lib/gcc-lib/arm-thumb-elf/3.2.1/../../../../arm-thumb-elf/lib/libSDL_image.a(IMG_jpg.o): In function `jpeg_SDL_RW_src':
IMG_jpg.o(.text+0x2e8): undefined reference to `jpeg_resync_to_restart'
/usr/lib/gcc-lib/arm-thumb-elf/3.2.1/../../../../arm-thumb-elf/lib/libSDL_image.a(IMG_jpg.o): In function `IMG_LoadJPG_RW':
IMG_jpg.o(.text+0x318): undefined reference to `jpeg_std_error'
IMG_jpg.o(.text+0x344): undefined reference to `jpeg_CreateDecompress'
IMG_jpg.o(.text+0x35c): undefined reference to `jpeg_read_header'
IMG_jpg.o(.text+0x370): undefined reference to `jpeg_calc_output_dimensions'
IMG_jpg.o(.text+0x3c0): undefined reference to `jpeg_destroy_decompress'
IMG_jpg.o(.text+0x3d4): undefined reference to `jpeg_start_decompress'
IMG_jpg.o(.text+0x410): undefined reference to `jpeg_read_scanlines'
IMG_jpg.o(.text+0x428): undefined reference to `jpeg_finish_decompress'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [vector.elf] Error 1

I'm using debian, but if someone knows some tutorial for install the gcc-arm in red hat based system , please, tell me where to get it :D (i have debian and red hat on different computers)

Thanks in advance

I don't know if it's a comfort to you, but I have the same problem, even the same error messages.
I haven't had a closer look for now, because I don't like SDL that much any how, but "undefined reference"
sounds like wrong linker parameters to me.

Have a look at my site, it's got some instructions on building gcc + sdk + sdl on Linux. It's a bit out of date now, you should go for the latest gcc which is 3.3.3.

I've heard some people have had good experiences with gcc-3.4, but I'm staying away from it for a little while longer (it's due for release at the end of May).

Also, mr. mirko's site has a library he's made. It doesn't include sdl, but it does provide some useful functions. I think it uses gcc 3.4. Take a look at this thread about mr. mirko's sdk.

Finally, for sdl you can go straight to the source: chui's sdl page on sourceforge.

[edit] oops, I see you already know about the sourceforge page :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Robster, this is just what i was looking for ! :lol:
Now i can't install it due the Xfree doesn't want to start and i will reinstall Linux with a stable distro :rolleyes:
This web is now in my bookmark ;)

Back