Is The Wiz Fast Enough For 32Bit Emulation?

rsuryase

I know the Pandora is because of videos. The CPU in the Wiz is 533MHz which is close to Pandora's 600MHz, so I'm curious.
Still waiting for Pandora release. GPH is coming out with a 667MHz handheld next year I heard.
Would be nice to play 3DO, PC-FX, Sega Saturn, Playstation on a handheld.

rsuryase said:
I know the Pandora is because of videos. The CPU in the Wiz is 533MHz which is close to Pandora's 600MHz, so I'm curious.
Still waiting for Pandora release. GPH is coming out with a 667MHz handheld next year I heard.
Short answer for the Wiz is no. Yeah it's 533mhz, but it's a totally different ARM processor. The ARM processor in the Pandora is a higher end processor. Also the Pandora has the PowerVR which really helps out for PSX emulation. The Wiz doesn't have a good GPU. The only 32bit emulation I really see that is going to be good on the Pandora is PSX emulation. Forget about 3DO and Saturn on the Pandora. If you are wanting a Wiz for 32bit emulation I would just get a PSP or fork out the dough and get in line for a Pandora.

Last edited by a moderator:
geise69 said:
If you are wanting a Wiz for 32bit emulation I would just get a PSP or fork out the dough and get in line for a Pandora.

PSP can emulate 32bit legacy consoles? Really?

rsuryase said:

PSP does a fairly good job emulating PS1.

And GBA ;p

3DO is completely doable on the Pandora. It's probably doable on the Wiz too, maybe even GP2X. In fact, I can't imagine that it takes more to emulate 3DO than it does GBA. But someone actually doing this is another story.. and it couldn't be a very low level emulator since we don't really have good low level documentation for one of the 3DO models. But the 3DO is a high level design to begin with, so that shouldn't be a problem. I think Freedo uses high level emulation for several things.

Maybe for a definition of perfection that allows several glitches and incompatibilities, as well as instances of not being able to sustain full speed. It's a very good emulator, but it's far from perfect.

SONY said:
What about the PSOne games that SONY released? Sorry, I've never played any. Were they perfectly ported/emulated?

I don't if they any of them had any perceptible flaws, I imagine there was something somewhere. Nonetheless, I think an emulator's quality has to be with regard to the entire library, not just some hand picked games.

I guess you're right there, as SONY themselves would have only put in 100% effort on a handful of titles, whereas if they had of tried the entire library then we would have taken the average in 600+ PSP games.

well , PSP does a outstading job when it comes for PSX..but..I not 100 % ...Chrono Cross etc..and the GBA and SNES are near as good as on WIZ ..they are running "fine" , but on wiz . they are running "almost perfect" (compare , GOLDEN SUN , and 3d gba and SNES games , WIZ iz a WINNER!

rsuryase said:
geise69 said:
If you are wanting a Wiz for 32bit emulation I would just get a PSP or fork out the dough and get in line for a Pandora.

I took that to mean that if you want to play modern 32 bit games, get a psp because it is currently supported with modern 32bit 3d games, not to emulate 32 bit systems.

Chris

Back