Is There A Way To Change The Startup Screen?

berighteous

hi all. Is there a way to change the startup and loading pictures on the gp2x? I'm sending the broken gp2x back to the store and I want to add nice graphic to go along with the "you suck!!! try again" startup sound.

thanx

nope.

Well, yes, though it was available only for FW 1.4 I think ... I used to have a pic of GG Allin in his casket, but then the newer FWs came out and that was that.

so much for all the talk about it being an open system. Where the fun in not being able to change the startup graphics to suit your fancy?? At least the sound thing is fun.

berighteous said:
so much for all the talk about it being an open system. Where the fun in not being able to change the startup graphics to suit your fancy?? At least the sound thing is fun.
Um, it is an open system, and as I said in my previous post, it was done once already ... for FW 1.4
Why don't you get off your lazy ass, learn to code, then modify the u-boot yourself?

Last edited by a moderator:
TelcoLou said:
berighteous said:
Um, it is an open system, and as I said in my previous post, it was done once already ... for FW 1.4
Why don't you get off your lazy ass, learn to code, then modify the u-boot yourself?

grumpy today aren't we? lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I'm no coder monkey, but beyond a simple recompilation I wouldn't know how to get the U-BOOTer back up and running. However I'm pretty sure that the image is a simple .png... pretty sure.

Back