Jazz Jackrabbit No Worky

DaveC

Internal Development
Ok I located some of the datafiles for this and copied over everything exept for the PC .EXE files. I put the files from the Wiz openjazz into the folder as well.

When I load it it goes to the Jazz title screen and plays some music. When I try to start is says something like "loading Diamonds level" or something like that then just shows half a black screen with the Wiz "loading" screen on the other half, then locks up.

Any idea what is wrong?

DaveC said:
Ok I located some of the datafiles for this and copied over everything exept for the PC .EXE files. I put the files from the Wiz openjazz into the folder as well.

When I load it it goes to the Jazz title screen and plays some music. When I try to start is says something like "loading Diamonds level" or something like that then just shows half a black screen with the Wiz "loading" screen on the other half, then locks up.

Any idea what is wrong?

Can you get a log ouput (the syntax is around here somewhere)

Last edited by a moderator:
Pickle said:
DaveC said:

Any idea what is wrong?

Log output? How do I do that?

DaveC said:
Pickle said:
DaveC said:

Any idea what is wrong?

Log output? How do I do that?

Add this " > output.txt 2>&1" right after the openjazz.gpe

Pickle said:

Just to let you know I know nothing about coding and about as much about linux.

How do I add that after openjazz.gpe? There is nothing to add it to. There is just the .gpe that I execute and that is it.

DaveC said:
Pickle said:

Just to let you know I know nothing about coding and about as much about linux.

How do I add that after openjazz.gpe? There is nothing to add it to. There is just the .gpe that I execute and that is it.

Use that example script I gave in the lemonboy thread and then do something like ./openjazz.gpe > output.txt 2>&1
Im pretty sure something has be wrong with the data files.

The same thing is happening to me, it starts but freezes at the first level. I've tried the shareware version and the full version but the results are the same as DaveC. Does anyone have a working version that they're willing to share or have a fix for this issue?

Back