Just Completed Final Fantasy Vii!

bit off topic but I've just started playinf ff on the nes tis very fun. :D . Also I got this dragonwarrior rom for my gp32, It seemed normal at first. But then when one of the first items I got was a dildo I got doubtfull. Then when you fight it says summit like "You fucking hit him". Then just to finish it off there was giant peniss walking about everywhere!. I then came to the conclusion that it was a rom hack. <_<
LMAO........email this rom to bringoutthegimp at fastmail.fm

Last edited by a moderator:
bit off topic but I've just started playinf ff on the nes tis very fun. :D . Also I got this dragonwarrior rom for my gp32, It seemed normal at first. But then when one of the first items I got was a dildo I got doubtfull. Then when you fight it says summit like "You fucking hit him". Then just to finish it off there was giant peniss walking about everywhere!. I then came to the conclusion that it was a rom hack. <_<
LMAO........email this rom to bringoutthegimp at fastmail.fm
ok

I never really saw the point in training up. It's an RPG, where the focus in on the story, not tedious battles. So I did the battles I had to do and didn't go looking for more. Sephiroth was easy, but I could only beat one of the weapons.

i liked FF7 alot, was the first final fantasy i finished, then i moved on to 8, now you can all flame me, 8 was alot better, especially the end, the end of 8 its tons better than 7. I never got into 9 and 10 i like just as much as i like 7, but still 8 is my fav and always will be.

and i'll say this, if you read the reviews on gamefaqs about 8, the only people that gave it bad reviews are the people that didn't like/figure out the junction system

I worked out the junction system; 8 was my first FF and yet its not as good as 7/9/10 even 6 is more fun IMO. Dont get me wrong I enjoyed 8 alot its just not as good as the others.

I've played a LOT of RPGs over the years, and FF7 is still my all-time favorite. I re-play it every year or so for a couple of weeks. I still haven't found/done everything!

that's my goal for this summer, bought a psx with all ff's last summer and started playing them (I only have access to tv in weekends and summer holidays :)) ... already finished all of those games, but now I intend to get almost everything in 7-9 (I bought 4-6 back then, but I didn't have a gp32 yet, if I knew that I'd have one and that the chances of getting full speed SNES are kind of big, I wouldn't have bought those :/)

This will probably buck the trend, but I'm playing Star Ocean :) and in Seiken Densetsu 3 I'm at the God Beasts stage.

I agree with the point about FF7's ending. It was way too short, like the ending of the original Secret of Mana - I like my endings long and you get to see the characters grow up, have families :') etc.. although not like the LoTR3 which was hashed in the cinema. (It could of ended three or four times before it actually did).

This will probably buck the trend, but I'm playing Star Ocean :) and in Seiken Densetsu 3 I'm at the God Beasts stage.

I agree with the point about FF7's ending. It was way too short, like the ending of the original Secret of Mana - I like my endings long and you get to see the characters grow up, have families :') etc.. although not like the LoTR3 which was hashed in the cinema. (It could of ended three or four times before it actually did).
Lol with LOTR ur ass was dead >< God that took ages to end :blink:

Yes but a short ending has given rise to advent children.

Bah, I thought that it was good that they left the plot open. Although the tone of the game suggests that

--- SPOOOOOIIILLEERR ---

everybody dies, since the Planet judges humans to be a wound that sucks up Lifestream energy, it seems logical, plus the lack of humans and Midgar wreckage at the end.

--- end ---

But the film seems to take a more conventional route. It looks odd to me, with its FF8 graphics. I guess cartoon stuff just doesn't work, but I hope they make the sequel at least a little cartoony.

Yeah, that's right ... sequel. As many of you know X-2 and VII-2 were proposed at the same time, and this film might just be 'testing the waters' for a sequel that has been frozen so far. Like X-2, VII-2 will probably be a fanservice since its their most popular and well-known game, but X-2 didn't suck, and I'm sure the emotional involvement many of the team have with VII will ensure that they game has quality.

I worked out the junction system; 8 was my first FF and yet its not as good as 7/9/10 even 6 is more fun IMO. Dont get me wrong I enjoyed 8 alot its just not as good as the others.
Eight was a meh in the series for me (the soundtrack was excellent,though). I think seven allowed the turn-based RPG genre to open up to more casual gameplayers, which is why it appealed to so many people.

For me, six was the real gem and shouldn't be missed.

I agree with the point about FF7's ending. It was way too short, like the ending of the original Secret of Mana - I like my endings long and you get to see the characters grow up, have families  :') etc.. although not like the LoTR3 which was hashed in the cinema. (It could of ended three or four times before it actually did).
playing SO aswell, but I quit due to exams :)

SD3, I must've finished that game 6 times, once with all characters in main position :) it just doesn't get boring!

--- SPOOOOOIIILLEERR ---

everybody dies, since the Planet judges humans to be a wound that sucks up Lifestream energy, it seems logical, plus the lack of humans and Midgar wreckage at the end.

--- end ---
MORE SPOILERS:

That's not what the game suggests. Finish it again, and watch the Nanaki part at the end. Turn up your volume. Keep turning... turning... turning... A HA!

children's laughter.

EVEN MORE SPOILERS

btw: I don't believe in Advent Children: it's gonna be 60 minutes long, and it's surely gonna fuck up the best story ever created (btw, are you ppl aware that square created this greatness by accident? They didn't have enough time to implement everything they wanted in the game - Aeris revival for example - so the game actually never got polished storywise. Imho, that's what makes it great, it has a lot of "plotholes" which really add to the depth of the storyline, like who killed Aeris? You'll all say SEPHIROTH BASTARD! but that's not true, sephiroth was at the Northern Crater at the time. The thing that killed Aeris was Jenova. I love funky stuff like that :)

END SPOILERS

Eight was a meh in the series for me (the soundtrack was excellent,though). I think seven allowed the turn-based RPG genre to open up to more casual gameplayers, which is why it appealed to so many people.

For me, six was the real gem and shouldn't be missed.

Eight was - to me - one of the weaker ff's storywise, but it's one of the best in Gameplay :) there's hundred's of ways to finish that game (Madly junctioning, using GF's all the time but not junctioning), you make the game as hard to yourself as you want, I love that aspect. Plus, the battle pace is truly great, the pace in ffIX was way too slow imho :) (IX had better storyline though)

No storyline can surpass 7, for reasons mention above (to me). 6 however will always have a 2nd place to me :). It's so smooth (on SNES :p), the characters are great, I love the whole Celes opera thing (that's what RPG's need more! ...and still no one has done such a thing again except for Square), I adore the way the game feels... it's feels done :). Esper system is pretty good too, again there's loads of combo's to finish the game characterwise. Oh, and the ending kicked ass. Kefka is one evil fuck :)

...END POST!

That's not what the game suggests. Finish it again, and watch the Nanaki part at the end. Turn up your volume. Keep turning... turning... turning... A HA!

They didn't have enough time to implement everything they wanted in the game - Aeris revival for example - so the game actually never got polished storywise.

like who killed Aeris? You'll all say SEPHIROTH BASTARD! but that's not true, sephiroth was at the Northern Crater at the time. The thing that killed Aeris was Jenova. I love funky stuff like that :)
Since we're on a 'I'm smarter than you' turn-taking round here :) I accept your point about children's laughter, but trade it for my point about how they never intended to ressurect Aeris at all. http://db.gamefaqs.com/console/psx/file/fi...sy_vii_plot.txt is my main source, which includes convincing theories as to why Aeris was designed to be brought back, but those were destroyed in the next paragraph on a point-by-point basis.

Some unclear evidence suggests that Aeris was never supposed to die, but that disagrees with 'lack of time' since they actually CHANGED the story more than they could have.

One Square official had a dream, woke up and called another. He'd
dreamed about some girl and had a great idea...quoted from the official
at Square to the editors at EGM: (ready?!?) "Let's kill off Aeris and
put in Tifa." This happened near the end of production and was
supposedly almost ready for release in Japan...

I wish I had the magazine (actually, if it was an EGM, then I might).
But I swear this is true. It explains a lot about Aeris talking some
after her death in the Japanese version (that is, if you are using a
Gameshark to put her in your party). But everyone's theories are
actually wrong. Yes, Aeris was meant to appear later in the game, except
rather than resurrect her, she wasn't meant to die in the first place.
And, though no one suspects it, Tifa was added hastily, with Aeris being
deleted from the story.

In addition, though, an interview with FFVII's director suggests that the death was planned in the first place, something that I personally agree with.

6) Kitase-san on Resurrecting Aeris

"The world was expecting us to bring her back to life as this is the classic
convention. But we did not. We had decided this from the beginning. There
was a lot of reaction from Japanese users. Some were very sad about it while
others were angry. We even received a lengthy petition addressed to our
scenario writer asking for Aerith's revival, But there many meanings in
Aeriths death and that could never happen."

As for your point on Aeris's death, you might as well say Sephiroth since he was directly controlling the clone who killed her. Arguably Jenova's control was in either the clone or Sephiroth, and it makes sense that Jenova would do it as she's the last remaining ancient. Anyways, that guide pretty much explains the whole clones/Cloud/Zack/Sephiroth/Jenova thing in a very convincing way.

Final Fantasy 6? I got bored at the Ghost Train I think. Unfortunately I lost my savestates and I don't feel like resuming it. It was alright...nothing special :S

Phantasy Star IV however, for Genesis/Megadrive, kicks ass!! It's got a Macro system which allows all chars to do pre-programmed moves with one menu option, a massive map, slightly linear but still amusing gameplay, but most importantly a ridiculously good story. I mean everything else is in retrospect quite average (but fun, probably up to FF5's level) but the storyline is powerful and twists a lot, complemented by anime-style cartoon sequences and a wide cast of characters.

I played once and got hooked, and am playing it right through now. It may well get less linear once more travel options become available. Coolest of all is if you've played PS1 or 2, since unlike FF the storyline is continuous and means a lot more to you (I haven't, but I'm going by reviews now). Try it out if you're bored of SNES RPGs, since I believe that if PS4 had come out for the SNES it would be known as one of the greatest RPGs on the console, but on the sport and platformer loving Genesis it was mostly ignored :(

Back