Just Got My Gp2x , Had Some Questions

Irishguy

Still Fresh
so i just got my gp2x from play-asia , and i am so happy , now i am wondering if you guys can recommand a good fast sd card to get . now it has the 3.0 firmware on it , so from what i am reading that means some sdhc cards will work yea, what about a standard SD thats more then 4 gb like an 8 gb ? . plus does anybody no a good screen protecter, the gp2x ones from play-asia.com are not the best , i was thinking of getting a gba or psp one and trying to make it fit .

I'm not sure FW 3.0 has SHDC support.
Notaz' modified version of 2.1.1 called 2.1.2 has it.
You can find some more details on the board.

For the screen protector I don't know. I don't use one :)

There are a couple of hacks that allow for SDHC cards out there. They seem to work fine so far but it is still in the testing stage and there is no guarantee your data will survive all operations. OPEN2X is a replacement firmware that will have good SDHC support eventually on release.

I would go with a normal SD card now. The card's speed does not really matter that much. Just get a card with a good reputation and get the biggest one you can!

virusx said:
Notaz' modified version of 2.1.1 called 2.1.2 has it.
No, the modified version is a modified version of 2.1.2. It uses the 2.1.2 splash screen simply because it hasn't been changed.

Last edited by a moderator:
cheers guys , i thinking i will just play it safe with a normal sd card , 4gb of course , and yea i saw a Kingmax one they look good i will most likey get one of those ,

hey guys when i connected my gp2x to the pc , with the usb cable , and go to built-in , its does not come up , all i get is a USB device not recognized message on my pc, do i need some drivers for it ?

Irishguy said:
hey guys when i connected my gp2x to the pc , with the usb cable , and go to built-in , its does not come up , all i get is a USB device not recognized message on my pc, do i need some drivers for it ?
I fixed that by plugging it into another USB port.

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks again , it worked in another usb port . which is weird, cause i tryed something else in the port that did not work , and the other device was fine , oh well its working now , and all is good in the world lol.

Back