Just Ordered A Gp2x

Quade

Still Fresh
Greetings...

Well, I took the leap and ordered a GP2X this week and I'm hoping to get it in soon. I own a PSP and love it but it's just too hard to do homebrew with it plus, I'm a long time Linux fan so the GP2X appeals to a special part of me.

Any advice for what I should do first when I get it? Should I update the firmware first? I've heard there were bugs in the factory firmware.

Upgrade to firmware 1.1.0, put DrMD on your card and some Genesis roms and go to town. Other fun stuff so far: Noiz2sa, GnGeo (for some of the smaller MVS roms), Quake, TileMatch and that's all I can think of off the top of my head but I'm surely missing a bunch of stuff.

Make sure you get the CPU/LCD tweaker for just in case you have diagonal ghost-lines on your 2X. Although, some of the new ones don't have them randomly, so you might not have to.

Me ordered one from play-asia pre-yesterday too. Do anyone know which firmware will it be? I hope 1.1 at least. And wonder how long does it take to ship by airmail to Czech republic. According to order, they shipped it yesterday.

To be honest, at the speed things progress around here, it might be worth checking out what the latest situation is when it arrives and you've actually got it in your hands! DrMDx is the biggest app for me at the moment..
:D

Back