Keyboard Emulation For Other Devices

atiflz

GP2X Enthusiast
Website
twitter.com
I'm planning to port this to Pandora so I can use it as a BT keyboard for my GP2X and Neo Freerunner. What do you think? (Actually I'll start to work on an Openmoko port these days)

wait... you want to emulate a bluetooth keyboard on the pandora (which actually has a real keyboard) to use it with your gp2x (which would require a bluetooth dongle to be working on the gp2x). Sorry mate, but that just sounds pretty nutty. Why would you do this?

Why not use the pandoras real keyboard if you want to control the gp2x with it?
Actually, why not get a tiny little usb keyboard for your gp2x?

Why would you want to carry a setup like the proposed one around with ya? Two handhelds, a usb bluetooth dongle, and then you would always need to have both handhelds powered... doesn't make sense to me. Or just get a bluetooth keyboard for that matter. I can see why you would want that for your Neo Frerunner but not for the gp2x... if you are going to emulate stuff that you need a keyboard for and you are going to get a Pandora anyways, why not use the pandora for that stuff?

This makes my head hurt ^^.

Agree, head hurts. For a PC it kinda makes sense.

Maybe he just wants to do it "because".

Try a USB chatboard for sure if that is your thing.

The idea is, there is a keyboard emulator so any device can act as a keyboard for any other(of course they must have BT). As for me, I won't be carrying my 2x around anymore, so why won't I use Pandora or Freerunner as a keyboard. Of course the easiest way is just connecting a hub+keyboard. But that costs extra $ and doesn't give the joy of hacking.

You do (not really but this is the easiest) need some sort of GUI to capture the X focus before you can send the key codes over BT, a GUI keyboard sounds very handy when you are busy with your stylus.

Actually, since the Pandora doesn't have GSM capability. I'd still have to carry 2 devices.
Forwarding a cell phone's functions over BT to the Pandora sounds like a good idea to me.

On the other hand, my SMS bill :blink:
Imagine the prank calls when routing your voice with Jack Rack :p

Edited to add more on topic stuff

Back