Kill Bill N00b Help!!!

T

TelcoLou

I've tried everything to get the Kill Bill mod to work.

I have all 7 .rar files. Each one is labeled BOR.PAK. I'm so terribly lost at what to do ... Can someone please help out ?

I have BOR ver .51 and it works fine. Thanks in advance.

Edit: Wierd! I used some extraction thing I found in the beta testing board for TMMT mod; It extracted the first BOR.PAK file, made a "data" folder full of stuff, then made a new, renamed .pak file "TMNT.PAK" ... when I choose TMNT from the .pak select screen, it plays the Kill Bill mod .... yet it gives me an error if I rename it .... wierd!

Edit 2: Ok, I think I have it worked out ... I had to edit the .bat file that makes the new .pak, no problem ... but why are there 7 .RAR files ???

:( Does no one know why there are 7 .rar files for the Kill Bill mod? (parts 1 thru 7 ... the file size is the same for each)

I extracted part one, and got it to work, it's just the first level that's complete, correct?

* is very confused *

TelcoLou posted on May 26 2004 at 11:07 AM said:
:( Does no one know why there are 7 .rar files for the Kill Bill mod? (parts 1 thru 7 ... the file size is the same for each)

I extracted part one, and got it to work, it's just the first level that's complete, correct?

* is very confused *
uhhh have you got an up to date version of winrar? instead of rar for the first file, r00 for the second, r01 for the third and so on, winrar can also compress all files to .rar extension, but then with the suffix part 01, part 02,.... behind the name....
so maybe your winrar is too old to know that and only decompresses the first part, then you obviously only got part of the file...

Last edited by a moderator:
I have the latest version of WinRar (3.3)

The files are killbor.part1.rar thru killbor.part7.rar.

Each one contains, what sees to be the same BOR.PAK file (same size, same crc ID, etc) and info.txt file.

It runs fine, no matter which one I extract and rename to KILL.PAK. It plays up to the battle with GoGo, and ends after I kill her, and get a "Thank you .. " screen, in Spanish.

Perhaps it sees the other .RAR files and extracts them all (????)

* is even more confused *

thebluenewt posted on May 26 2004 at 12:38 PM said:
This is how rar files work, it is split between the 7 files but you can extract it using any one.
* light bulb shines brightly *

:D Thank you THANK YOU!! I thought I was losing my mind for sure! :lol:

Thanks again for the explanation

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes but he mistakenly believed that he was only playing one of the 7 RAR files and it lead to the game being 1/7th the size... but actually it was just a demo? I don't know.

Basically each rar file has links to the filenames of the rar files before and after it, and WinRAR combines them magically. This is usually done for newsgroups where there's an attachment limit, or floppy disks. Not uncommon for files to come in 50+ RAR file sets :)

Back