Killer Instinct?

Vince2501

I know that MAME has been successfully ported, but I'm curious if Killer Instinct 1 and 2 would work on the Pandora?

Possible even without MAME.

Just use a SNES emulator for the first one, and if we get an N64 emulator you can play KI2 with that.

Vince im with you, we need some work before we can even see if we have the horsepower to back it up.
I think our best bet would be a port of U64emu which is a stand alone KI1 and 2 arcade emulator. I have used the windows version and the Xbox1 version and it is very playable. There is a Linux version that is using SDL and GTK here. http://www.emutalk.net/showthread.php?t=23441
The menu system would probably have to be rewritten and there is some x86 assembler that will have to be converted or eliminated but im hopeful.

I was hoping to take a crack at it myself but that would be some time and i know there are tons of talent around these boards.

Lets see if we get any bites.

All of us with devboards are very busy .. if someone can get this to a compilable state for ARM (ie: convert ASM to C) then let me know I can build and run it. (ie: I didn't look at it.. perhaps it already has #ifdef's in it?)

There wasw a quick MAME port a few weeks back, I wonder if it included that?

Tis a good question though :)

jeff

Back