Klimt And N64

jlebrech

UFO Robot
Now that klimt is out could it be possible to port nintendo 64 emulators the use opengl to gp32. i know its impossible to make it playable but to just be able to run homebrew would be cool. and would make a nice selling point for the gp32 :D (even if it dont run hehe) and just having one thats in the pipeline would be good for gp64 dont u think (all these kids asking why theres a 64 in the name when it cant even n64 games). lol :p

problem is you need a 3d excel card
gp32 dont have one
and unless we could manage to load larger roms, comercial is out of the picture
but just for shits and giggles it would be neat to see one

~Octavious

well, memory maybe isnt a problem anymore soon, think of the extern USb hdds we can attach and then ew would have 20GB of memory instead of 8MB for example :ph34r:
but th 133mhz and the lack of a 3d excel card, as said, make it sure that its very close to impossible...

well 3d is possible with any kind of hardware, just depends what speed ur willing to play at or just watch one frame per second. always wondered what a wireframe only emulator would look like on gp32 and if itd be quick(ish)

If someone knows how to port stuff can they have a bash at

blade with klimt
1964 with klimt

as i think these 2 are in opengl and sure texturing and other features can be switched off.

Wolfsclaw posted on Sep 3 2004 at 03:56 PM said:
well, memory maybe isnt a problem anymore soon, think of the extern USb hdds we can attach and then ew would have 20GB of memory instead of 8MB for example :ph34r:
but th 133mhz and the lack of a 3d excel card, as said, make it sure that its very close to impossible...
Remember that any external HDD or usb pen drive you will plug will provide storage memory, and no RAM. You could certainly us a swap partition on the HDD or the usb drive, we have to test how fast it it...

Or you could stream the ROM file from the disk, but it depends on how the emu is coded...

And at the moment, the only apps able to use external USB devices must run on gp32linux... Maybe someone should try to port an open source N64 emu, if it exists...

cyberic

Last edited by a moderator:
Bomberman is just over 8mb :huh: mite be able to load that with trickery

anyone know of a smaller game?

can always use pdroms, anyway that are under 3mb or something.

just need to have a hack at this emu then:D

I don't know if anyone knows this, but just recently, an N64 emulator was ported to the Dreamcast. Apparently, the emulator ported isn't too capable, but the guy who ported it was able to run a demo (called "Fire" as far as I remember) and the first screen of Waverace. Perhaps something could be done with this?

People...

I am aware that the thoughts of easily accessible swap/harddisk space makes you happy, but don't forget, the GP32's chance of using it natively aren't better by now, just because toholl made it work with linux. If you want to use external USB devices, you'd still need USB drivers, patched/new bios and specialized app code. So unless you're planning to run linux, it's still almost no advance regarding external devices for you, sorry.
Ah, and by the way: I don't see a point in putting a lot of work in an emulator that probably would never ever run _anything_ decently. People's work could be used more effective.

Back