L button doesn't work :(

DrMikki

Still Fresh
Hello everyone! Got an insta-Pandora today and the L button doesn't work. We tried to open the back of it up to check the foam pads and there are none. We got it kinda working, but whenever the Pandora lid is opened, the L button stops clicking again. It seems like there is some stress on the case. :( The board also seems like it's a bit higher on the left side than the right. Any ideas? I don't want to have to ship this thing back so soon :( .

Hello everyone! Got an insta-Pandora today and the L button doesn't work. We tried to open the back of it up to check the foam pads and there are none. We got it kinda working, but whenever the Pandora lid is opened, the L button stops clicking again. It seems like there is some stress on the case. :( The board also seems like it's a bit higher on the left side than the right. Any ideas? I don't want to have to ship this thing back so soon :( .
+1

Same issue, I've opened up the unit to inspect. I've been down this road before. My A button is solid, just need to figure out the L.

See this thread:

Last edited by a moderator:
No click does not mean it's not working, have you checked on the inputs screen? Some of them make no click.

No click does not mean it's not working, have you checked on the inputs screen? Some of them make no click.

Thanks for the fast replies!

Didn't check the input screen, but in Super Mario Kart, the cart was hopping when any direction on the D-pad was pressed down, as if the L button was being pressed at the same time. It felt substantially different from the R button, which was clicky and had nice travel. I should also say that the L button was working out of the box but stopped working after a bit of use.

I don't know how, but I think I got it working. I screwed the case back together and it started working again. Now when the Pandora is closed, the left side has a sight gap and doesn't close all the way. The button now "clicks" whether the case is open or closed though. I wish I could post how it was fixed but I have no clue.

Now the only issue seems to be a few emulators don't have sound. But that's a noob software issue and I'm sure we will figure it out soon :) . There is also ghosting around the black edges in all the emulators we have tried so far, and I think others have reported similar issues.

I was really worried for a moment though! I don't want to have to open it back up again... Not something I'm really comfortable doing.

Last edited by a moderator:
@Craig,

I only had 4 screws. The 5th in the middle between the two shoulders had no screw.

My screen has all the screws. So that is now:

4 Screen Screws from Pandora #14 fix

1 Screw for bottom Pandora #1630

Just so we're straight.

My L button and R button are now working properly. Seems my L was stuck.

Thanks for the Instant Pandora!

Peace & Pandora,

Link

Still haven't been able to solve my L button. Opened it up which solved it for two or three clicks then the tape changes shape again or something and it stops clicking.

The left button does register if I hit it on the right side but it feels so awful that I try to avoid it as much as possible. It also seems like the case prevents the same amount of travel on the left button as on the right.

Any official recommendations on how to fix this or is "stick in a piece of paper" the best solution we have?

Still haven't been able to solve my L button. Opened it up which solved it for two or three clicks then the tape changes shape again or something and it stops clicking.

The left button does register if I hit it on the right side but it feels so awful that I try to avoid it as much as possible. It also seems like the case prevents the same amount of travel on the left button as on the right.

Any official recommendations on how to fix this or is "stick in a piece of paper" the best solution we have?
It's not official by any means, but I recall someone mentioning using pieces cut from that dense rubbery craft-foam to replace a missing foam pad (I'm guessing they meant the stuff that comes in sheets - I have a bunch of it somewhere myself, and it looks very much like the photos I've seen of the pads that the team are using).

My husband reflashed the Pandora and now sound is working in all the emulators. Everything seems to be ok now...

as i posted in the other thread, i used a bit of poster putty. certainly not official, but it works just fine, and i think it's a better solution than paper.

Back