Lamecraft

Orion4874

Mega GP Mania
A Minecraft clone written for the PSP just recently went open source. The dev, Drakon, updates it regularly and it is an entry in the Genesis PSP Homebrew Compo. With the popularity of Minecraft this would be a good candidate for porting to the Caanoo/Wiz.

Source Code
http://code.google.com/p/lamecraft/

As of Minecraft addict which spent days and nights playing this EPIC KILLER game, please do it for Wiz and Caanoo :)))))

Looks very interesting, but does the 3D use anything specific to the psp? That would probably be a major factor.

a little sandbox game going on multiplayer on the caanoo would just rock!
I wish I knew how to port source codes... :(

Don't kill me for asking this, but just what the hell is minecraft all about? I've seen vids of it on youtube with guys building all sorts of stuff but I'm still confused about the actual gameplay.

Amon_Re said:
Don't kill me for asking this, but just what the hell is minecraft all about? I've seen vids of it on youtube with guys building all sorts of stuff but I'm still confused about the actual gameplay.
It's a survival sandbox type of game, there really is no specific gameplay, or a story. Basically you can just choose what to do, like, let's say, make a mine and kill monsters or just build something really cool.
The game is often updated and currently the developers behind the game are working on some more RPG type of gameplay elements, like mixing potions or enchanting weapons, there are also going to be huge NPC villages with actual NPC's to talk to and trade items with.

So in a nutshell, Minecraft is just one game that is not only quite original ( it even spawned countless clones ), it always changes, so there is really no real description of what EXACTLY minecraft is all about.

Anyhow, something like a minecraft for the caanoo would rock in my opinion, even simple block placing might be fun as hell for many. Although I prefer actual gameplay, unless the whole sandbox part includes some sort of physics...

Last edited by a moderator:
I would also add that, IMHO, minecraft is an awesome game when going with multiplayer. I run a little home server for about 5 friends of mine and we just have a blast on it. It´s not that much fun for me to play alone.

Hmm... Doesn't sound like something I'd play then, make a port and I might try it :p

Back