Ld Vs Arm-linux-gcc.exe ????

MadDog

Website
www.maddoggames.com
I'm using the sdk in the archives and trying to build the demo tut with the 2005 build rules. This setup works fine for all my other stuff.

I've found that the call to arm-linux-gcc.exe does not work, its trying to call main. If from the cmd line I do "ld *.o -static -s -o demo.gpe" (Its the same as the build rule is doing, just a difference exec) it all works. So i'm just wondering what is the difference?

I'm prob going to see if I can edit the build rule so that we can switch between the two, if thats posible, don't want to add another file type trigger file thingy. ;)

MadDog posted on Jul 10 2006 at 08:17 PM said:
I'm using the sdk in the archives and trying to build the demo tut with the 2005 build rules. This setup works fine for all my other stuff.

I've found that the call to arm-linux-gcc.exe does not work, its trying to call main. If from the cmd line I do "ld *.o -static -s -o demo.gpe" (Its the same as the build rule is doing, just a difference exec) it all works. So i'm just wondering what is the difference?

I'm prob going to see if I can edit the build rule so that we can switch between the two, if thats posible, don't want to add another file type trigger file thingy. ;)

My ordinal question still stands but i've made a tweek to the build rules file so that you can switch between the 2.

Code:
  <CustomBuildRule
   Name="arm-linux-link"
   DisplayName="GCC Linker"
   CommandLine="[LinkerExeName] $(IntDir)\*.o -o "$(TargetPath)" [LibPaths] [Libraries] [AdditionalOptions] -static 2>&1 | sed -e s/(.[a-zA-Z]\+):([0-9]\+):/\1(\2):/"
   Outputs="never-exists"
   FileExtensions="*.link"
   ExecutionDescription="Linking $(TargetFileName)..."
   >
   <Properties>
	<EnumProperty
	 Name="LinkerExeName"
	 DisplayName="Linker to invoke"
	 Description="Set the linker exe to call"
	 >
	 <Values>
	  <EnumValue
	   Value="0"
	   Switch="arm-linux-gcc.exe"
	   DisplayName="arm-linux-gcc"
	  />
	  <EnumValue
	   Value="1"
	   Switch="ld.exe"
	   DisplayName="ld"
	  />
	 </Values>
	</EnumProperty>
	<StringProperty
	 Name="LibPaths"
	 DisplayName="Additional Library Paths"
	 Description="Specifies one or more directories to add to the lib path; use semi-colon delimited list if more than one."
	 Switch="-L"[value]""
	 Delimited="true"
	 Inheritable="true"
	/>
	<StringProperty
	 Name="Libraries"
	 DisplayName="Additional Dependencies"
	 Description="Specifies one or more libraries to link to; use semi-colon delimited list if more than one."
	 Switch="-l[value]"
	 DefaultValue="pthread"
	 Delimited="true"
	 Delimiters=";, "
	 Inheritable="true"
	/>
   </Properties>
  </CustomBuildRule>

Last edited by a moderator:
Back